Stretch mark NSV!

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
So, I have this little stretch mark, just one, that's maybe an inch lengthwise and it's vertical, parallel to my belly button on the left. (I know, you all needed that much information.) Well, when I was younger and didn't know much about health and fitness, I would watch my stretch mark to gauge my weight loss and fitness level. When it was red, I knew I had to pick up the workouts, and when it was white, I knew I was okay.

Well... I've noticed in the last couple weeks, that despite not being at my lowest weight, my stretch mark is whiter than it's EVER been! I can barely see it anymore! :]

Replies

• hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    All stretch marked fade and turn white with time. I've never heard of one changing color because of workouts??? They aren't magic or anything.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I agree with hahandel. A stretch mark is red at first when it first appears and then turns white with time....
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Trust me. I've seen it. They don't fade with time. They fade based on weight loss. I've gained and lost a few times and that effects my stretch marks.
  • traumensie
    traumensie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing with mine - definitely "flare" red when I gain a little weight! Oooooh to only have ONE stretch mark!! My stomach looks like one of those zen sand things, but whatever. I tell myself my marks and scars and such all tell a story of my life. I heard something like that in a movie called Shirley Valentine, and I'm running with it! Good luck to you!
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yep, as you gain weight and your skin stretches to cover the new girth, the inelastic skin of the stretchmark turns red and inflamed as it is pulled.

Source- 3 pregnancies. :P
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It fades white with time. If you gain more weight then you've ever been with that same stretch mark, then it turns red. Either way, you're obviously less then you have ever been so that's awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!