Workplace Biggest Loser (w/pics)

Options
ilvsnw
ilvsnw Posts: 4 Member
So my friend/co-worker Melissa, decided to one day start up a "biggest loser" competition with a few of our co-workers.This couldn't have come at a better time in my life as I was going in the wrong direction and not really caring about what I was doing to myself health wise.

My logic going into the whole thing is that it wasn't going to only be a competition but a kickstart to really get out there and change my life by exercsing and paying attention to what I eat. I think of it as my own "work in progress" ----so for me the competition ended, but I'm still commited to reaching my goals, which I truly believe can happen, as it is happening.

I'm super thankful that Melissa, not only thinking of the friendly compettion, but she directed me to myfitness pal, which truly played a big factor and has been an instrumental tool to my results.

We're going to be starting another mini-competition starting on Monday. Nothing is more motivating than having a spa day to look forward to (one of our prizes) and continuing our journeys to healthier lifestyles. Doing this with my awesome friends (a.k.a. supporters/motivational coaches =) is also wonderful.

Our journey started on September 12, 2011 and the competition ended on December 12th, 2011. Our progress pics were taken on October 4th and September 15th. In that time span, I lost 36lbs and my percentage of weight loss was 13.53.

Today, I am 45lbs lighter, still have a long way to go...but I'm not 100% to where I want to be yet, but I'm proud of my progress. I'm more happier, educated and still learning.

I wish you all the best with whatever the reason is why you are on here for.

transition.jpg

Replies

• brittni127
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • ilvsnw
    ilvsnw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! And 73lbs..that's no easy feat! Congratulations!!!
  • synchorswim
    synchorswim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
    Your an inspiration

We are looking into a work biggest loser.
    Any tips or tricks you can offer?
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Wow! Don't minimize 45 pounds! That's huge. Go pick up the extra large bag of dog food at Costco. It's 45 lbs and that sucker is heavy!!

Thanks for sharing! You are inspirational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!