Any other vegans?

Options
Hi!

I'm going back to a vegan diet. I'm less concerned with quantity control than with meeting my nutritional needs and keeping away from sugar and empty carbs. I was a vegan for a long time (before an illness interrupted my life and I gained a bunch of weight), and I never felt better than when I was eating ethically and healthily--and working out daily! So, that's what I'm working towards.

Any other vegans? Any thoughts or advice?

Replies

• blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am! Vegetarian for two years, gone vegan quite recently. If you'd like add me as a friend. Also go to the groups section and do a search, there are a few vegan and vegetarian groups too! :happy:
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Vegan here.
  • lady_arlia
    lady_arlia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I call myself a "Cheater Vegan." Basically, if I make it, it's vegan. But when I go out or someone else is cooking, then my choices are pretty limited. (I live in Oklahoma, where people think of bacon as its own food group.) I've been a "cheater vegan" for almost 2 years, and it's totally turned my life around. I've lost 39 pounds, and virtually every aspect of my life has gotten better, perhaps not totally because of the diet change, but it sure has helped!
  • Mizzou0406
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 8 years...it limits my choices, but in the end, that is a good thing.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Pescitarian (which is similar) and I eat a lot of vegan foods :)
  • LowCarbConvert
    Options
    Me! I'm a vegan :-) Spent a year low-carbing and have returned to a more humane diet.