Tired of groaning at the mirror

Options
Hello :)

I'm 5'10", 24 years old, and weigh too much. I'm tired of getting naked in front of the mirror, and going "Why is that hanging there?" My butt is saggy, I have a spare tire thing going on.

I hate that I can't just COMPLAIN about what I hate about my body. I have friends that are way more overweight than I am, and they tend to dismiss my complaints because of that fact. I am working to get myself back into shape while working and raising 2 children. I really like what I've been doing, and I really like that I found this website to actually track what I'm doing.

Anyways, If you'd like someone to vent to, but also don't mind being vented to, then maybe we should be eachother's support! I wan to be able to tell someone what I ate, and they give me crap for it, or tell me how awesome I'm doing. Do you want the same? :)

Replies

• kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, sometimes the mirror just isn't our friends. =/ When you make the journey to better health and a better body your self esteem will grow and your happiness will show in that mirror! :)

I used to avoid mirrors all of the time and now I can't stop looking at them.. ROFL

Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me if you need support. :flowerforyou:
  • btlewis
    btlewis Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey, we're the same height and I know how ya feel! Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me for support!
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do that in the mirror, last night I was holding up my fat to explain to my husband what I want to look like. Although I've gotten a lot better with looking in the mirror, I used to not do it at all. I have lost about 38 pounds (12 on MFP), big difference in what I used to look like and now.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I stood in the mirror and drew how big my hips were on the mirror. My fiance thinks I'm nuts! Glad I'm not alone!
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I hate the mirror. It's evil but lately, I've been digging it. I used it to see if I see any changes in my body over the course of a week. I also use to see how my clothes are fitting better. I know in a couple months, I'll love it but I still have a love/hate relationship. The more you lose the more you like the mirror.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! You will get to the body you desire. I have faith in you!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking at my body in the mirror. I recently noticed a small change, so I've been a little obsessive...looking even more often. I know I won't see results in one day, so today I am making a vow to not look at my body in the mirror till next Monday! I'm gonna keep up with my workout everyday, and maybe in 6 days there will be an even bigger difference!
  • OperaGurl04
    Options
    Yeah - I know exactly what you mean! I started out doing great last year and got off track so now I'm trying to get back on board so that I don't hate my mirror as much either!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    I didn't know how completely supportive this website would be! Thank you guys!
  • sklala
    sklala Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, especially after my family thought about going away for the holidays. Bathing suit and mirrors don't mix, acatully right now that feeling that mirrors themsleves just dont mix. Feel free to add me for support, I was a dancer at one point and used to love watching the mirror, hoping to be back there sometime soon.
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i do the same thing!!! one day it will be better and we will be able to look in the mirror and say wow :)
  • theOtherAtlantaPiper
    Options
    Add me....let's figure out how to get to the point we WANT to look in every mirror!!!
  • danielnoble
    Options
    I know what you mean about looking in the mirror. I now look in the mirror and am happy with what I see. I still have a way to go to reach my goals but I will get there
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    welcome here and I hope you have a great day
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm very happy to be here :)
  • ybrown002
    ybrown002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I completely understand how you feel. I have been the same way for a while. Please feel free to add me and let's support each other! Good luck!