HELP! RUNNING WITH BIG CHEST!!!! -ladies-

Options
I'm blessed, 38/fullDD, and I need a really good sports bra...I love to run and I do ALOT of high impact cardio. Please help :( I tried ****s, but they don't have the right coverage :'( Help please :'(

Replies

• Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm cursed with this as well, though at the beginning of the year, I was an I. Since, I've actually gone back down to a DDD. I found that the "High Impact" Sports Bras at Wal-Mart (believe it or not! lol) work really well. They are Danskin Now ones. I started in a 2X, but now I'm already in an XL, so you should be able to find one that fits you. Make sure it's the high impact one - the medium does nothing. lol. I've been doing jumping jacks, jump ropes, high knees, etc. in mine, and yeah they bounce a bit, but they don't hurt while bouncing anymore.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    double sports bra.

Trust me, at a 42/DD to a 38/D

Same issue, same solution.

I use the Danskin XL no wire plain old sports bras. They sell em at Wallys World for around 10.00 for 2.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My favorite. Moving Comfort Fiona. Best sports bra I ever tried (DD). I have seen others recommend The Maia model too.
    http://www.movingcomfort.com/Fiona/350003,default,pd.html?dwvar_350003_color=657&start=6&cgid=sportsbras-DD
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    double sports bra.

Trust me, at a 42/DD to a 38/D

Same issue, same solution.

That's what I did before I got my Danskin Now ones! It wasn't perfect, but it was a good temporary solution!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i have gone from a G to a D but they are still pretty damn big and I need good bras for school this year... oh and for running...
    bump!
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    You will never double bra again if you get a good one. It's so worth it.
  • lalaloserpants
    lalaloserpants Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    even in sports bras...yes braS my boobs bounce too much Running with big boobs sucks
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've tried the walmart danskin as well...it works but it's awful about the uni-boob. There was another thread on here that recommended Enell Bras, haven't tried it myself yet but from how highly everyone was talking about it I think I might. Right now I use something that looks like a regular latch bra but it offers high intensity support (but I bought it in Australia)
    Good luck
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have some Danskin workout clothes, but my boobs were too big for Danskin bras. I went to a specialty Champion store and they had full figured bras. I bought several different styles, some of which are more comfortable than others... but they definitely constrict tightly. I've seen that Old Navy also is selling plus bras, which I haven't tried, but maybe they'd work for you. Sometimes (tonight actually, but it was lower impact on the elliptical) I just work out in a full coverage Cacique bra, as long as it's not a plunge cut! You can also get a top with a built in bra (they have like NO support) and wear that over top of a sports bra for extra coverage. Yesterday I wore one of the Champion ones and did C25K running and it held 'the girls' nicely. lol
  • whiterice83
    whiterice83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    DD myself and actually went to old navy a few years back and got one. Normally wear an XL but I got a L and it really holds them in place. Although if you're trying to look good too, this isn't the bra because it totally gives uniboob. However I just wanted them held and don't care about the look at all.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've just been informed, duct tape doesn't work. lol

Im gonna try to high impact ones to see if that's a better solution than double medium impacts.
  • Boladefuego326
    Boladefuego326 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I tried some bras at wally world and they weren't supportive :( I also went to target and oldnavy and nothing :'( I may have to try caciqe and possibly kohls. Thanks guys <3<3<3 xxx
  • ChefSuzzieQ
    Options
    awhile back Self magazine did an article on the best sports bra for each size. You might be able to find it if you search self.com
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I've just been informed, duct tape doesn't work. lol

Im gonna try to high impact ones to see if that's a better solution than double medium impacts.

I don't know about for running but my best friend used it for a strapless bra one New Years Eve. It served the purpose that night, however, taking it off was a whole other story. And she forgot to protect the sensitive parts. Ouch.
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    This sports bra has worked amazingly well for me. I'd recommend it. http://www.shopnewbalance.com/women/apparel/sports-bras/high-impact/WBT8308
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Please let them hang free - god bless the constitution.
  • themurph8910
    Options
    I spent $63 on a sports bra and it was the best thing I every did. Go to your local running shop and talk with one of the girls who work there...I need to get another one since I only bought one and when that one is in the wash i have to double up.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    It's not the hanging.. It's the bouncing!! Ugh!
  • veobrien
    veobrien Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend a Shock Absorber Women's Run Sports Bra... I'm pretty sure you can get them in the States.

My first one was a 34F and, before I bought it, I felt miserable and uncomfortable when I was skiing so the thought of running wouldn't have crossed my mind.

After I bought one, I was running up to 5k three times a week with the greatest comfort and I wear mine for all sorts of other sport now.
  • ThisIsMe_sbd
    ThisIsMe_sbd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend a Shock Absorber Women's Run Sports Bra... I'm pretty sure you can get them in the States.

I second the Shock Absorber!!!!! Check ebay if you can't find one in stores. They are hard to come by. Mine is 38HH and The best bra in the WORLD!!! I used to double/triple up and now I only need ONE!! Can't say enough about the shock obsorber sports bra!!!!