exercise plan :)

Options
I want to build muscle and burn fat, so here's my plan. I can only do weights twice a week, with a trainer, because of a previous injury years ago I have to have someone there watching me the whole time. So:
-Sat and Wed: 1 hour strength training
-Sat, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 45 min-1 hour intense (ish) cardio
-Sunday, Friday: OFF!!
so, 2 hours strength and about 4 hours cardio per week?
sound good???

Replies

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Anything is better than nothing as long as you're working hard. Are you doing full body on Sat and Wed?
  • chusheto1
    Options
    why don't you do body-weight exercises if you are concerned about the weights? sit-ups, chin-ups, dips, push-ups, squats, good mornings, etc.

2 hours of strength training and 4 hours of cardio sounds fine, but it also depends what you eat of course.
  • davidh53
    davidh53 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great start, Kate.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine, but you should split your body over the two days. So for Saturday for instance, work your arms, chest and shoulders and Wednesday work your legs, back and abs. Take a look at my workout split on my blog if you want a better idea (although mine is a 4 day split - find it on my profile). I personally think that amount of cardio is too much, but if time only permits you to strength train that much per week than that's absolutely fine.

Keep up the good work :)