Newb! Healthy Lifestyle

Options
Hi All,

I'm new here and im not here just to lose wieght, i'm here to change my lifestyle!

When I was younger I was much more healthy and happier with life. Things have changed and i've been gaining weight over the last couple of years and also have been drinking far too much. To cut a long story short, i've really been dissapointed with my lack of self control and I realise that I need to change.

The problem I have is that I really like food! So i'm planning on keeping it under control by tracking it, well thats the plan anyway.

I think this website will really help me make the difference in my life. I do need some motivation and support though, for those bad days when I feel like giving up! So please feel free to add me.

Replies

• sandz2710
    Options
    :smile:
    The best thing when you're trying to make big changes to your life is the encouragement and support that you can gain from others...
    Good luck on your lifestyle change journey and I hope you achieve the goals you set out for yourself ~ aim low to begin with and achieve those little goals and then aim higher :happy:
    For example ~ aim for no drinking within the week but allow yourself a few at the weekend perhaps?
    x
  • tanksu
    tanksu Posts: 19
    Options
    I think that I am going to keep drinking only for 1 day a week and concentrate on working that off the next morning.

Myfitnesspal a great system already in place for keeping goals small, I just need to make sure I meet my daily targets and in theory that should overtime land me at the big goal!
  • sandz2710
    Options
    Yeah definately :smile:
    I need to lose 1lb per week to lose almost a stone before my holiday in April...eee can it be done??? We'll see...
    Don't forget to replace your work out calories when you do a workout, so eat something good and nutritious afterwards :happy:
    x