FitBit - any good?

Options
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a FitBit and if it's any good or do you find it too sensitive? I don't want it thinking I'm walking when I'm driving for example!! Also has anyone used the sleep monitor feature and is that any good?

Replies

• gemmaldavies
    Options
    i was looking at this too. i think its about £79. but does look good. hopefully people here will have used it so we can see. :smile:
  • asheekah
    asheekah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm using one & I think it brill! It tracks calories burnt through food & activity, steps walked, floors climbed & logs your sleep patterns too. I don't leave home without mine firmly attached. It has a website that creates all kinds of charts and graphs when you sync your FB. It's just great fun too. Hope that helps.
  • Paul_Kent_UK
    Paul_Kent_UK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It's great, I love mine. Driving can be problematic as it does record steps - Fitbit suggest just recording a driving activity in your log on the website and it will subtract the steps but it's a little cumbersome and it still shows as steps on the device itself. The alternative is to remove it while driving which also does the trick but then I tend to leave it behind in the car!
  • mekt
    mekt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually have a FitBit that is still in the box, brand new. If you guys are interested in it, I am looking to sell it! Contact me if you are interested.
  • dravenangel
    dravenangel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One of my MFPeeps posted this blog, might be worth a read :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PeeTeePee/view/why-i-returned-my-fitbit-193911
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    One of my MFPeeps posted this blog, might be worth a read :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PeeTeePee/view/why-i-returned-my-fitbit-193911

Hi everyone, thankyou for your posts. The above blog was particularly useful along with the responses to the blog. I think I'll hold out buying one but might treat myself to a HRM as I think that may suit my requirements more.

I do like the idea that it syncs automatically to a website but I think that would add more confusion to me when it syncs to MFP!

I'll let you know what I decide to do!