Green Leafy Vegitables. Why you should eat them...

Options
adross3
adross3 Posts: 606 Member
THE SECRET INGREDIENT: CHLOROPHYLL

When you hear the word "chlorophyll", you may vaguely remember this word from Biology in school. To some of you, the word may mean almost nothing, other than the green thing in plants.

Yes, it is "the green thing" in plants, the phytochemical that makes plants green. But, it is also a very important proteinous compound that acts as our internal healer, cleanser, antiseptic, cell stimulator, rejuvenator and red blood cell builder, just as it is the "lifeblood" of the plant.

Chlorophyll is a green photosynthetic pigment found in abundance in leaves of plants (vegetables). It absorbs sunlight and changes it into chemical energy for the plant.

Researches have reported that the chlorophyll molecule is remarkably similar to hemoglobin in human blood, the substance that carries oxygen in our body. Except that our hemoglobin has an iron element in the center of the structure and chlorophyll has a magnesium element (see picture below). Experiments have shown that our body is able to convert chlorophyll into hemoglobin, thereby enriching the blood.

The health benefits of chlorophyll

The power of sunshine in chlorophyll is wonderfully cleansing in the body. The greener the leaves, the more concentrated the amount of chlorophyll.

The reported health benefits from chlorophyll consumption are just too many. Taken consistently in sufficient amounts, here are some of the powerful remedial effects of this amazing substance:
•Increases blood count
•Detoxifies and cleansing
•Alleviates blood sugar problems
•Reduces or eliminates body odors
•Relieves gastric ulcers
•Greatly relieves respiratory troubles like asthma and sinuses
•Kills bacteria in wounds and speeds up healing
•Reduces inflammation pain
•Improves bowel functions
•Improves milk production in lactating mothers
•Soothes painful hemorrhoids

Replies

• Aroz25
    Aroz25 Posts: 40
    Options
    I just read about this the other day. Now I've started juicing leafy greens along with my fruit and veg :) It definitely makes an improvement in the way I feel each day
  • opajee
    opajee Posts: 69
    Options
    I always grew up with the saying "if it's green, eat it" and so I do!
  • auctoritas
    Options
    Er, you SHOULD be eating your leafy greens because they contain tons of fiber, vitamins, and minerals your body needs without any of the sugar that fruits have... not just because of chlorophyll.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    That too.