40lbs to lose!

Options
Hi guys, my name is Tina. I have tried unsuccessfuly on my own to be "good" and lose weight by myself, but it's not working so have joined to give me some structure. I have around 40lbs to lose and aim to do that by the end of this year, which is not even a lb a week, so think this is a realistic goal.

A bit about myself - I am 35 years old, mum to 4 year old Ciaran. I haven't had too much of an easy time over the last few years, but am looking to turn in a new direction now and embrace life, and all it has in store for me! I am blessed with a very supportive partner who is simply wonderful. I like walking, music, films, tv, and good company and conversation. I work part time in soft furnishings at the moment, but have a keen interest in body massage therapy, and one day hope to go to uni to study this, and, who knows, maybe make a living from it.

Good luck to all of you who are here on your weight loss journey, I hope we can provide support, advice, and a friendly ear when needed!

Replies

• briocktj
    briocktj Posts: 128
    Options
    Welcome and wishing you the best! Good luck on your journey!
  • tazz8246
    Options
    Thank you briocktj :)
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I have tried many times to lose weight on my own, too. I have found this program and all the amazing supportive people to be the key.
  • HeidiFleury
    Options
    I also have forty pounds to lose. I just started this sunday and weighed my self this morning and already lost 4.8 lbs. I was amazed! I have tried other diets that worked for awhile then i just got bored and went off it. I am 39 years old with two adult kids and one terrific 20 month old grandson. I need to lose the weight not only for my self but so I can have the energy to chase around him! Good Luck on your journey to be a healthier person, I know if I can do it anyone can.
  • busyncmom
    busyncmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi my name is Debbie, I also have 40 lbs to lose. I started ast Sunday and have already lost 5lbs. Good luck on your journey.
  • MaryODwyer
    Options
    Good luck to you! I'm about in your boat as well!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tina! I joined this site 2 weeks ago yesterday. I lost 6 weeks since I started journey. I still have about 40 lbs to lose.
    I still haven't gotten down the completely healthy eating, but I have almost eliminated soda, and I don't snack in the evenings like I used to. I would do just out of boredom.
    I have been exercising 7 days a week. This past week has included Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It doesn't have a lot of cardio in it, so I usually add a cardio video with it.
    I think this site is so awesome. People are so supportive and helpful.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • jshirk12
    Options
    Hi, My name is Jamie. I'm 25 yrs old and I am getting married on Oct. 6th of this yr. My goal is to lose 40lbs by then. I started myfitnesspal on the 4th of this month but started the Insanity workout and quit smoking on the 9th of this month. I'm quite discouraged because I've only lost 5 lbs. I'm trying really hard to stick to my 1200 calories a day which isn't too bad. I haven't skipped a workout yet but I feel like I should've lost more with how hard I'm working at this.

Any advise or encouraging words would be great. I don't really have anyone to help me stay motivated. I think some people are tired of hearing about it. Thanks
  • VeggieFace
    Options
    Good luck to you! I also have 40 lbs as my weight loss goal. Feel free to add me for support :) Sally
  • shamrockbride
    Options
    Hi there, 40 to lose here too! I am new here and would love to do this together:) I am a Mom of 4 aged 20 down to 6 months:) I gained 80 pounds with invitro and pregancy, have lost 40 with 40 to go..I would love everyone to add me and do this together!