Man Code

Options
Hi, I've been a member for three weeks and have been following the system scrupulously. However, last night I went out with the lads. I did not log any drinks as I felt I may contravene the "man code" by doing so. So I came in under my calorie goal yesterday but feel in reality I was probably over.

I would be I interested to know what the bros think, as this is an evening which is likely to be replicated in the coming weeks.

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Log the drinks.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Log the drinks. Having a man code will make you fat.
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Log them .... as long as you don't comment on anyone else's you still stay inside the code
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    log it. work it off the next day or before. I plan for this when I go out drinking with buddies.
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    hey I like a drink as much as the next person..............I dont have a woman code!!!! If you eat or drink them then you should count them.............we have no codes for not being true to oneself...........

If you dont log it then you will not succeed as you wish to. " feck the man code!"

Hope you enjoy your journey to your goals.

L.x
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Log the drinks, That is what this site is for my friend. There is no man cade when it comes to logging you do it or you dont!!!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Log it brah.

I have 1000 calories + on booze on some days (it was worth it though...) and I still manage to maintain as my calorie intake matches my TDEE over the course of a week.

Knowledge is power. Boys don't understand that. Men do.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Log it in advance, don't log in front of the guys if you think it will bug them, then edit later if you drank more or less.

I don't see logging and enjoying life as mutually exclusive, but some people do and if you'd rather not end up with all the jokes being about your logging, take evasive action.

Win win.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Or if you'd rather be a trend setter, be loud and proud about it and see if you can get any of them on board ;)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been a member for three weeks and have been following the system scrupulously. However, last night I went out with the lads. I did not log any drinks as I felt I may contravene the "man code" by doing so. So I came in under my calorie goal yesterday but feel in reality I was probably over.

I would be I interested to know what the bros think, as this is an evening which is likely to be replicated in the coming weeks.
    What code?
    The only way this works is by logging in everything or forget reaching your goals.

Having said that, I have a "FREE DAY" where I don't log in my foods, because that's my day to eat what I want - as much as I want - anything I want.
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Log them, when you play sometimes you gotta pay! Your only hurting yourself if you don't. Maybe do some extra cardio to burn them off
  • johnpannell
    johnpannell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Log the drinks. To heck with the "man code". Let's be honest: if the lads are like most guys our age, they probably have a few pounds they should lose, too.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options

What code?
    The only way this works is by logging in everything or forget reaching your goals.

Having said that, I have a "FREE DAY" where I don't log in my foods, because that's my day to eat what I want - as much as I want - anything I want.

What is this "free day", sounds like his "man code" to me!!!! Same thing different name is all!! Nothing different. Sounds weird to me you call him out for his man code and then have a free day yourself!!!! Just saying that is a little double standard there my friend!!
  • grimmaster1983
    Options
    yeah definately log them dude
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

What code?

What is this "free day", sounds like his "man code" to me!!!! Same thing different name is all!! Nothing different. Sounds weird to me you call him out for his man code and then have a free day yourself!!!! Just saying that is a little double standard there my friend!!
    It does sound like a touch of the "do as I say but not what I do". :noway:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    You need to Log the drinks and cut back some where else, maybe do some serious workouts on the day of to keep you under your goal. But Lying to yourself will not help anything.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

What code?

I live by several double standards - do as I say, not what I do, and all will be well for you!

Seriously, if that's what he meant, I totally missed it. Sorry!
    MAN CODE!
    Hell, I think I like that!
  • jrrflr
    jrrflr Posts: 109
    Options
    Send yourself a text message with the info when you are out and then log them when you get home. At least you will have them in there and can use that information to plan your expectations for the next outing.
  • Mr_Motivator42
    Mr_Motivator42 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

What code?

I guess it's pretty unanimous - I shall commence the logging. The free day sounds crazy but you can't argue with a man whose lost lbs.

I live by several double standards - do as I say, not what I do, and all will be well for you!

Seriously, if that's what he meant, I totally missed it. Sorry!
    MAN CODE!
    Hell, I think I like that!
  • Toonster
    Options
    Log it all bro, everything that goes in counts!! (i'm doing the same tonight!!) :)