exercise DVD search!!

Options
Hey, I need recommendations for exercise DVD's. I hate most of the newer ones I have seen because you feel like a fool trying to keep up with them and you have to watch them 10 times before you can even come close due to the speed of which it moves, not to mention the complexity of the steps. I used to have the old Firm videos 10 years ago on VHS and really liked them. They were basic and easy for anyone to follow. I am not really supposed to push it regarding cardio that has any impact to my leg, so I need something basic and easy to follow but that focuses on the core. Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Replies

• dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    *I hear crickets over here*
  • FoodFamilyFitness
    FoodFamilyFitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Walk Away the Pounds DVDs by Leslie Sansone.
  • paulagabay
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Only 20 minutes and has 3 different levels. The Firm on VHS are also awesome. You can purchase them on Amazon.
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Where do you live? If its the UK, the Davina dvds are great and you can focus on areas, loads of core stuff too. If yu are in the US then I'm afraid I don't have a clue xx
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible...lower and upper body levels1-3 come in the set, a good hard workout that's not complex and less than $20.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I like leslie sansone also.
    Denise Austin is one of my faves too.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's Inside Out Series!!! I love it!!! I hate them while I'm doing them (other than the yoga one), but I love it and feel so accomplished when I'm finished.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Check out collagevideo.com and videofitness.com. They do nothing by exercise video workouts. There are sample clips, tons of reviews and friendly people.

My favorite exercise video purchase of late is Amy Dixon's 'Breathless Body'. It's tough interval training, and I usually burn 700+ calories each time I do it. That sounds like it's not quite your speed, so check out those two sites and I know you'll find something suitable.
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options

I second these. It is not hard to follow at all. And you still get a decent workout. I am having knee issues & I think I might do these DVD's again to give my knee a break.
  • beargirl34sr
    Options
    I'm trying to find some myself and in the same boat due to knee surgery and osteoarthritis....someone mentioned to check out Half Priced Bookstore or used stores where I can find cheap DVDs to work out to try without a lot of investment.....they may have the Firm in DVDs - worth a try?
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I agree walk away the pounds and the Jillian Michaels DVDs are great. I have a Bob Harper Beginner's DVD that is a good workout. It does not have to be a dance video.
  • dravenangel
    dravenangel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred! Love it :smile:
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds are great videos. Very easy to follow. I have used them off and on for years.
    This week I also started using the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred videos. I don't see myself continuing with those for a long time. Leslie Sansone are great videos anytime and for long term. I have a bunch of her videos that vary in length and resistance. I use what ever one that works best for my time and feeling. If you can get to a target today, they were having exercise videos on sale for $9 until today.
  • Jeanne816
    Options
    I recommend the 30 day shred, shred it with weights, Biggest Loser Boot Camp, and I just purchased Power 90. I love the Jillian Michales and Bob videos but I need a mix of them becasue I get bored easily
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I have 3 Jillian Michaels DVDs and love them all! I also like the core fusion DVDs.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone videos also might be very good for after knee surgery and osteoarthritis. Her videos are low impact. You can even go to www.walkathome.com and try a video.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I say Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds... any of her DVDs will help you get back into fitness and not feel like a total loser trying to figure out the steps :)

She has multiple dvds that all have the same basic steps, all use the same music in some form, yet all seem to be just a bit different...different paces I suppose. I have 5 of them and I use them all throughout the weeks.
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

**This

I have four or five of her DVD's; great walking workout!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred. It is amazing.
  • SHardyMA
    Options
    I second the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I love it