New

Options
I recently found this site and have played around with the food journal, etc. Ready now to start for real. I am excited to track my food, weight and exercise. I hope this works. I had thought about joining WeighWatchers online, but this is free!

I have struggled with weight for years and sick of it and up for the challenge. Wish me luck!

Replies

• lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    Good luck! I'm fairly new and I love every aspect of this site!
  • RXchic
    RXchic Posts: 47
    Options
    Weight watchers is a good program - I have never tried it, but I know several people who have had success with it. However, I have heard mixed reports about their website... I think you will like it here. It's really easy & user friendly - and you can't beat free!!!
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,001 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to MFP

This is a great place. Take the time to learn about all the features of the site. I try to log my food the night before so I don't have to be thinking about food all day.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink a lot of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Find a group on one of the message boards and check in with them every day. There are some great groups especially on the "Motivation and Support" board

If you work hard at this, you will succeed.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jcarmstrong
    jcarmstrong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and the great ideas. I am excited to get started.
  • kingme
    kingme Posts: 1
    Options
    hi i am lonny. i have never counted calories or even watched what i eat. my motabolisum used to help keep my weight down for me, now before i get to far over weight i need to do somethig to keep it down . sure hope this program will help.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this site. It has captured my interest. I am lifetime member at Weightwatchers, currently not at my goal weight and I don't want to spend the $14/week. Even though the support meetings are good I thought I would try this out.

Good luck to you! Good luck to all of us!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've fallen in love with this site, and I find it is a huge help. Good luck!
  • jojoisme
    jojoisme Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started this week. I won't weigh until Monday - any suggestions?
  • evill40
    evill40 Posts: 7
    Options
    Good Luck ! I just started this week. It amazes me when I write everything down honestly to look at it and really see what I am putting in my mouth ! It is so easy to enter it in quickly on the computer especially if you are sitting at one all day ! Good luck You can do it !
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,001 Member
    Options
    If you're new, take the time to explore the whole site and make use of as much of it as you can.
    Find a group that you can check in with regularly and start to keep in touch with them and get to know them immediately.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and the great ideas. I am excited to get started.

Wecome to mfp. I joined about 6 weeks ago and have found everyone so supportive and positive, pretty easy to track food and the motivational threads a big help. Looks like you have about the same about to lose as I have left.
    Look for you on the plus 50's?
    Ellen
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: