exercise DVD search!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30!!! There are 4 levels on this DVD as opposed to 30 Day Shred (where there is only 3) and it is her newer version of Shred. Also Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism are awesome DVD's too but a little longer (40-50 mins instead of 20-30 like ripped/shred). All Jillian's DVD's work and are sure to produce results as long as you watch what you eat while doing them!
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    I second the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I love it

this^......I buy mine on Amazon, can't beat their prices
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone, Walk It Off, Tone It Up... Love that one. Shes so great to work with! I get an amazing workout.. and its just enough to get where I want.. I also do 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels a few days a week.. Im just starting out, and its too much for me to do on a daily basis.. but I can walk daily with Walk It off....
  • serabee5
    Options
    Bob Harper's Inside Out Series!!! I love it!!! I hate them while I'm doing them (other than the yoga one), but I love it and feel so accomplished when I'm finished.

I agree 100%!!! and He has them for $5 each right now!! https://www.mytrainerbob.com/store/home.php
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have just started JM's 30 day shred and have heard lots of good things about it so I am feeling positive! As others have said, it's "only" 20 minute work outs per day although depending on your fitness level they are not easy to start with but the idea is that you get stronger and progress through the levels.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Check out the website: collagevideos.com
    they have various exercise videos that you can preview little snippets before you buy so you can get an idea of the intensity or whether it may interest you or not. You can also request a free guide which they will send you in the mail that shows you what they have to offer, Then you can eihter buy through them or elsewhere that may be more convienent for you. The Lesle Sansone ones are pretty good-simple walking tapes. Hope that helps. :smile:
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred has a fair amount of jumping jacks if you can handle that for cardio tons of core work too. You can always modify the workout too. Also Like Biggest Looser DVDs they are basic moves for good results. Pilates is also great core workouts very low impact.
  • 20dee
    20dee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is not a dvd but I really like working out to this cardio workout on youtube. Very easy to follow and you WILL work up a sweat...
    "Real HOLLYWOOD TRAINER Dulcinea Lee Hellings WORKOUT: "Cardio Insanity" insanely intense cardio workout routine."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6i02E0hRQM&feature=related
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the resistance cord workout dvd that came packaged with my Reebok resistance cord from Target. It's by Sarah Haley (http://sarafitness.com/) and I find it a perfect amount of activity to get my heart rate up for 45 mins. It took me two or three times to be able to keep up with the moves but it's nothing like the other dvd's I've seen... by comparison she really takes the time to explain the moves for you. Also, coming from a taijiquan background which put an emphasis on safe joint control, she has a nice emphasis on correct and safe technique and posture too.
  • Lollliiipopzzzz
    Options
    From older workouts, Gilad is simple the best. It's so easy to follow along and he truly motivates you. Tamilee Webb is another great! Very easy to follow along!
  • debramull
    Options
    Look for the Leslie Sansome "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD. They are really easy to follow.....just 4 basic steps. I got a set thru QVC that has 1, 2, 3, 4 mile "walks" and one that uses a resistance band (also included in the set). The only thing I don't care for is some of the background music. Hope this is helpful.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'll back up all those telling you Leslie Sansone! You can't go wrong with any of her DVDs-I have 5!

I'll be the black sheep here and say NO to Jillian Michaels and instead suggest Jackie Warner-have 3 of her DVDs and love her to pieces! And yes, I've done JM....
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo abs and glutes (Billy Blanks) and 30 Day shred.
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I HIGHLY recommend Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred & Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed & Shred. I would go with 30 Day Shred first. the 2nd DVD is pretty intense.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Cathe friedrich videos are awesome, and are the hardest I've ever done. They are a bit more expensive than the mainstream ones, but soooo worth it. I am so grateful for stumbling onto her workouts. They have really helped me to keep pushing and challenging myself. Her website is www.cathe.com and I have found a lot of them cheaper on amazon. Collage video is another good website (google it). You can find a lot of other videos there, and watch clips of all of them. Best way to see if it will be a good fit for you.
  • SClausen2012
    Options
    For something nice and easy I love Windsor Pilates- especially the "Bun and Thigh Sculpting" and the "Ab Sculpting". Also, depending on where you live, don't forget your local library. Many libraries (even the small ones) are tied into the larger system (or even Worldcat) where you can check out exercise videos and see if they are the right fit for you- without having to lay out the dough to by them right away.
  • Freax
    Freax Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am doing INSANITY right now and it is amazing. If you want to push yourself to the limits, get INSANITY. It is a crazy workout, but worth it in the long run. Good luck! :)
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Things like insanity and 30 day shred are not good for individuals who have leg issues because it has to be low resistance, that was my point of the post. My legs are two different sizes and anything that has me putting a lot of impact on them will cause spine issues. This is why I am a swimmer.

Thanks for the advise regarding the walking videos, that may work. I get a really good cardio workout in the pool because I can do laps and really push it, but on land I have to be careful and wanted to find something for the off days when I cannot walk due to weather.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    That is why it sounds like Leslie Sansone videos would be good for you. Even if you can't do exactly what she is doing, just moving is helpful. Sometimes she has weights and I don't use them. There are times I will do light jogging during some of the steps just to amp up my burn. But, her videos are very easy to follow.
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    thanks, I will look into it