Effective favorite workout dvds

Options
I am in the market for some new workout dvds and looking for suggestions. I cant do anything too crazy but I would like something a little challenging. Ive been doing the same two and need something new!

Replies

• FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Butt bible,sasone 1-5mile walk-30shred-if you have cable or netflix bunch on there:-)
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jackie Warner, she will kick your butt! you can get them on Amazon if you can't find them in the store, although I'm pretty sure you can find them anywhere
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i know this sounds a little silly, but i swear to god its the best thing I own for a work out - the *****cat dolls work out! its soooo good for a 30 minute dance work out and fun music to dance to!

(ps. i think you can find a link for it on youtube ;)
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    omg i can't believe it didnt let me write that haha
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels - it's like magic!!
    Tough workout but very, very good. It's also only a fiver on amazon :) Also, it's only 20 minutes long which means there's no excuse to not be able to fit it into your day haha :)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and 10 Minute Solutions Kickbox Bootcamp--this one is streaming on Netflix if you have Netflix!!!! And I love it :)
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    ^ I just started the kickboxing bootcamp! it is AMAZING.
  • wantasmallbummum
    wantasmallbummum Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Davina McCall, any of hers are great. She gives you 3 mins of intensive workout, then you do the other stuff, then go back to intensive. Its not easy, but its not impossible either. Really feel good afterwards.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    For cardio my favs are:
    "The Firm: Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn"
    Some of "The Biggest Loser" DVDs ("The Workout" (2005), "The Workout, Boot Camp" (2008), "Last Chance Workout"
    "Cardio Blast" from Spark People with coach Nicole
    Billy Blanks Tae Bo Cardio
    Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickbox
    Prevention Kickstart Your Metabolism with Chris Freytag

For strength training: (dumbbells required - progressively increase the weight used)
    "Power Body" with Rob Glick
    "The Firm: Total Body Toner"
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I am starting to get into DVD workouts and love that I'm able to rent them at the library (they have a ton!) and try them out first. I enjoy Leslie Sansone.
  • tomboywoman
    Options
    I'm doing the jillian michaels get ripped in 30 and I'm on day 3 of week one. And it works awesome! 3 minutes of stretgh, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs! U do week 1 for 7 days and the dvd goes to 4 weeks. So each week is a different exercise. U do the same for 7 days and go to week 2 which will be more difficult on each week. I like it very much. Very sore at first as haven't used some muscles for a while but will get better and easier
  • Ediz1987
    Ediz1987 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy biggest loser workouts although sometimes it isnt challenging enough. I will check out the bootcamp! I just started y0 day shred- rough.
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the biggest loser bootcamp dvd. I love it because you utilize hand weights, exercise ball, and resistance bands. Overall, I think it's a great workout!
  • Freax
    Freax Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am doing INSANITY and I love it! If you really want to push yourself to the limits and "dig deeper," get INSANITY. Good luck! :)