Anyone have a HRM they recommend?

Options
I'm in the market for a HRM that will also show me calories burned. Nothing TOO fancy (about $75 is all I can afford right now) but something that's not going to poop out on me in 2 weeks.

And maybe something sort of stylish, but thats not on my list of necessities :)

Replies

• GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this as well :-)
  • Freax
    Freax Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7. It is in the 70's range, so that should be good for you. It's a good HRM. Good luck!
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You're going to get a g-zillion people tell you, Polar FT4 :)
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, definitely get a hrm. I have a New Balance N4. It was about $60 at Target. Works great and very easy to use. Liked it so much I bought it for my daughter too!:smile:
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I love it. shows cals, HR and can use it in the water, exactly what I needed and it was £50 on amazon. not sure what that is in dollars....
  • 20dee
    20dee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I second Heidi1987. Polar FT4
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You're going to get a g-zillion people tell you, Polar FT4 :)

This! :)
    2901 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I have been in the market for one as well and have cheked out a big variety. Not sure either. But i have been looking into getting the Nike+ set up. On NIke's website they have a couple of options that are about $60. and up. This is what i am planning on getting on payday :) If you do get one, or fnd one that works good let me know. Happy hunting.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I found good reviews on both the Polar models and the New Balance N4. I'm on a tight budget, so started watching eBay auctions for both of them, looking for a good price and brand new items. Scored a New Balance for $26 and I love it!
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I also second/third the polar FT4, I have a pink/purple one which is so pretty that I can use it as a regular watch :)

It is an entry level model and won't go into a lot of detail, but it is exactly what I need - calories burned, duration, av and max heart rate, time in zone (fitness zone). Later, when I have more specific goals (and more money!) I will invest in a better model but for now this is wonderful. Addictive and it makes you work hard.