PLATEAU HELP!!!!

Options
Okay so I've literally been in a plateau for six months. I stopped losing weight in August 2011 and I have not dropped a single pound under 136 since then... I REALLY need some advice!! I started at 166 last February, and I was going at a steady 5lbs a week for a while, then it slowed to 2, then 1.... and now I just cannot dip down into my third big goal (which is 135!)... I'm literally less than half a pound away, and I can't do it.
Here's what will happen: I'll be at about 138.6 one week. Weigh myself again on the same day at the same time (usually Sunday in the morning after I wake up), and I'll be down to 137.4 or something like that. Next week, same thing, I'll be down to 136.8. THEN all of a sudden, the next week, I weigh myself again and I'm back up to 138!! SO FRUSTRATED!!!

Replies

• KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Have you tried jump starting again? There are some pills that you take for like a week that jump start weight loss. I have done them before and lost about 5 lbs. The one I used is by Jillian Michaels. You can also try a jump start diet such as the Special K diet or Slim Fast. Mix either of these with a challenging workout and you should be out of your plateau in no time :)
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    half a pound off? Scales have a margin of error you know. I would weigh at the gym, the Doctors office, the pharmacy, a friends house, anywhere until I got a scale that said the number I was looking for in your case. Maybe your body just really wants to be 136?
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    maybe try changing something - others have said they added a few cal's and worked out differently and that really helped them.
    Or try a different exercise - and confuse your muscles into working harder.

You'll get the last pound off. Keep at it. Dont get discouraged. Be proud of what you've accomplished
  • tonedandhealthy
    Options
    dont take any pills please have it be all natural and healthy! change your workout routine up and try HITT training. eat clean and cut out any processed foods. good luck(:
  • healthyyme
    healthyyme Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/261359-how-to-take-off-those-last-10-pounds-by-jillian-michaels

^^ This helps :) good luck! Try changing up your exercise routine as well.