So where's the support?

Options
I'm a bit tired of giving so much support and having none in return. I'm use to doing things alone. After all it is my journey. If that is the way it's going to be I sure don't need pages and pages of other's comments.

Replies

• Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    :) there is support all around you, but it is the shopping
    cart theory, take what you need, leave he rest on the shelf!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I kept 5.
  • eeyorespal
    Options
    Hi, I am new at this too but we could do this together if you want. Just friend me or I will you and we can keep each other encouraged.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of friends, but I do give support to ALL of them. And I'm sure they'll agree. But when I get a new friend, I will wait a week or two; after that, if they don't give support, even if I do, I just delete them. I need MFP friend for support, I'm not here to collect them.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit tired of giving so much support and having none in return. I'm use to doing things alone. After all it is my journey. If that is the way it's going to be I sure don't need pages and pages of other's comments.

Nice lost by the way. :0)
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend and I will support you. I feel the same way about needing support. This is a hard journey to do on your own.
  • mag1c
    mag1c Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I sure don't need pages and pages of other's comments.

Then why make this thread?
  • Aesop101
    Options
    When I do things I do them with passion! That can be passing the CPA exam, losing weight, or even writing a poem. Maybe most folks only pay passing tribute to the things they do. That's not me.
  • JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i had a load of mfp people who i added but i agree with you i like support back and i do this everyday .so those who i was just fed up of being one sided i pressed my delete button and now i have few friends but they are just totally brilliant and i have come so far with all their help ,please feel free to add me as a mate that will never let you down .x joanie
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    wow! i am impressed with the hard work you obviously put into your fantastic weight loss. congrats!

as for the support you need.. sometimes it's easier if you present your problem with a new post. try to be as positive as possible, as negativity often makes people shy to get involved. all of us have a variety of obstacles we are attempting to overcome. being overweight is usually just the outward symptom of our problems. many of us (me included) are left to our own devices to attempt a solution and to try not to see ourselves as victims. what works pretty good for me is to search the postings for similar situations to mine and read the advice and opinions offered by others.

good luck with the rest of your journey. may success be yours in obtaining your goal and seeing it through in the future.

:flowerforyou:
  • Aesop101
    Options
    wow! i am impressed with the hard work you obviously put into your fantastic weight loss. congrats!

as for the support you need.. sometimes it's easier if you present your problem with a new post. try to be as positive as possible, as negativity often makes people shy to get involved. all of us have a variety of obstacles we are attempting to overcome. being overweight is usually just the outward symptom of our problems. many of us (me included) are left to our own devices to attempt a solution and to try not to see ourselves as victims. what works pretty good for me is to search the postings for similar situations to mine and read the advice and opinions offered by others.

good luck with the rest of your journey. may success be yours in obtaining your goal and seeing it through in the future.

:flowerforyou:

You have a solid point. This has been cooking inside of me for several months now. Maybe I should have let it out sooner. On the other hand I don't want people doing what they don't want to do. That's not happiness nor free will. Two things I truly want for everyone.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your question or issue is?

I usually accept friend requests - but i don't expect them to comment on my diary or progress every single day (I wouldn't have time to read all those WTG comments!)

And likewise, I don't feel compelled to respond to every single thing that those friends do. If it's something that I'm impressed by, or that I feel I can offer an appropriate word, then I'll do it.
  • Norma_24
    Norma_24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I say the same thing!
  • Aesop101
    Options
    I dropped them not because they didn't respond every day but that didn't respond period. I rarely blog or post a topic. I probably did 2 blogs in the last 4 months and no comments. Then I think I posted about 3 topics and no comments. After I posted a poem today and no replies. That was it for me. Maybe that's not the right way to go about it. I don't know. It is however a relief to me. I've really reduced the number of people I respond to and it allows me to focus on the folks I deem my true friends.

I ended up keeping 4 friends that have been with me from the beginning which is really around 470 days.
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I accept all friend requests that I receive, therefore there are a lot of status updates running through all day. I do most of my logging through my phone and only get an opportunity to read those status updates when I am home on my computer at night, so I often miss a lot of people's status updates. I spend a majority of my time working a full time job, teaching piano, working out, and taking care of my family. I don't have a lot of time to read through EVERY SINGLE post from EVERY SINGLE person. You said you had a core group for support, but why delete the rest? Maybe they don't write a lot, but you never know, maybe someday they could have offered you just the right support at just the right time. Sorry you felt you needed to delete me. Good luck in your journey.