new

Options
Hi all, i have been in the program now for about a week. I am still having trouble wanting to exercise, its not really something i like sometimes it just gets boring. so i tell myself i will start 2morrow. that day comes and i still don't want to move. I'll walk about a mile and a half simply because my little ones are begging to go outside. Any ideas on how to stay motivated. Besides going to the gym. thats really not an option for me.thanks By the the way my name is Sonja

Replies

• cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I would say I will start exercising tomorrow and it would come and go. I think what changed my mind set was the fact that I needed to loose weight. Its like something clicked in my head and now when I don't exercise I feel like I've cheated...as if I'd eaten a twinkie or something. I had at first set a routine up and made sure I stuck to it. If you don't want to go make sure you force yourself to. When you take your kids outside make it an event. Bring a ball to throw or a ball to kick. Make it fun but at the same time its your exercise for the day so plan to be out for awhile. After awhile you will just go outside, not because you have to but because you want to have some fun. Good luck! And congratulations for getting this far.
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    Have you thought about using exercise DVD's? I have a hard time getting myself to my gym but it is so easy to pop in a DVD when I have a few minutes. There are DVD's that are anywhere from 20 minutes and up. Some for walking, step, circuit training, weights, etc. Good luck!
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Hey Sonya!

Buy a cute top or pants that are too small for you to wear right now. It sounds crazy, but it motivates me! :wink:
  • maggiev
    maggiev Posts: 2
    Options
    try taking group fitness classes.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • sonjab35
    sonjab35 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the response. I do have a couple of workout dvd's and they are actually good but i still have to get them in first. I did force myself to workout yesterday to my dvd. its actually my favorite when i do decide to workout its quickfix cardio kick. don't know if anyone of you heard of it but its really a lot of fun when i get started. thanks for the encouragement.:smile: