What do you do with your hair?

Options
I have long curly frizzy hair so after I go to the gym it's a mess. So I usually wash it and bun it,

Any ideas? I workout in the morning and would like to look deceant afterwards.

I'm thinking I will get the short/no hair guys making comments lol :)

Replies

• niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about plaiting it? Would keep it out the way if you then pinned it up during exercise, and would probably still look good after either left plaited or undone and ruffled? :smile:

Edited to say Amazing weightloss by the way, wow!
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    I have long hair. It's not curly/frizzy but rather straight. I put it up in a loose bun. When I take it down I have lots of loose waves. There are lots of great book that offer all kinds of fun braided hairstyles. Those can be pretty ,too.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Haha bump. I have mid-length hair and it gets HOT at the gym. Problem is if I put it in a ponytail then on some of the weight machines (like where you have to lie down or even just put your head back) the pony tail is in the way and gets totally messed up.
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    high pony with a braid, or a tight center or side bun
  • emmiexjay
    emmiexjay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    mines long curly but frizzies with excess heat/cold so what i do is style it up into a bun, braid it, or pony tail it. also try using a heat defence shampoo, conditioner or a spray dry your hair with a hair dryer on low heat to it's just dry then throw it into a braid leave it and then it's out of the way.
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    I went from long hair (almost down to my bum) to a pixie crop pretty much for this reason.

Putting my hair up gave me a headache too so I only ever really wore it down. It also took ages to do anything with, now I can wash, dry and style it in 5 mins :P
  • Izoralee
    Izoralee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I had long hair I would pull it up in a "Pebbles" aka ponytail up on the top of my head. That kept it out of my face and no annoying "hair lump" on the machines.

Now I have short, chin length hair & use a bandana.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Do you workout in the morning? I have curls too. I just pull it back when I workout. Wash it afterwards, put some leave in conditioner, and curl serum on it and let it go! Wash and Go Curls are nice :)
  • lorishultis
    lorishultis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My hair frizzes too... I use products. I really like Sunsilk & Dove the best. Sunsilk conditioning curls, comes in a green bottle and you don't have to have curls to use it, is good, the Sunsilk Hydra TLC is my favorite Sunsilk prod and is WONDERFUL - I cant get it it here anymore for some reason...

The dove ones are awesome too - i dont know which i like more sunsilk or dove.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have super thick, curly hair and I sweat like a wildebeast. That said, I put it in a high ponytail or a bun, but I have to wash it afterwards because it is soaked with sweat. Even on my runs outside, during the cold, I sweat like crazy. I feel your pain with the "curly hair, what do I do" situation... just roll with it! :smile:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Miss it. Well, not really.
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Mine has fallen out so it isn't much of a problem.
  • tigerlilydina
    tigerlilydina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i have long straight hair so i just throw it in a pony or bun. i have some friends who have curly hair and they had it cut short or u could ask a hairdresser what they would recumend (soz bout spelling mistake) hope u sort it out soon x
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I have really long curly/frizzy hair too..
    When I work out I have to put it in a clip, or it will get extremely tangled.
    I use frizz control products.. they don't really help much, but it's something.
    Could just be me, but the only way my hair isn't frizzy is when I straighten it.
    I can't even put my hair in a bun, it get never stays up & gets all tangled.
    I'm going to cut it soon, the hair being up all the time is killing my head. lol
  • skatermom503
    Options
    Don't cut it! Straighten it and put it in a pony tail!
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Cut it bald

funny-gif-Christina-Hendricks-bald-head-Bruce.gif
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    roll out of bed.

wash it sometimes.

I get compliments all the time, and people ask me what I do, and I tell them just that.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Pray for its safe return...
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, long and curly which = frizz fest after sweating. I use a detangler from Pantene for curly hair. It comes in a pink spray bottle. I really like it. It really helps tame the frizz and is not greasy like other de-frizz products I've used. I did try the one in the blue bottle for thick hair once when they were out of the pink curly kind and it was not nearly as good.
  • jocemorg
    jocemorg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    low ponytail with a cute ballcap. sporty AND functional.