Too much water?

Options
kbmnurse
kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
Is there such a thing as too much water?? That's all I drink all day except for one cup of coffee in am to get my day jump started.

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I routinely drink 3 liters ( 3000 cc ) a day. I also have 1 cup of offee ( or three ) in the morning.

As long as you are not drinking so much that you overhydrate yourself and get dizzy / sick to your stomach, water is a VERY good thing.
  • Chococ4t
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing, and about to post this topic, i'm in the same boat, except I usually drink 3-4 coffees a morning then some more at night when I have to study because otherwise I'll fall asleep, but it's always black coffee. So is there any such thing as too much water, or coffee for that matter?
  • contreras830
    Options
    Yes, there is such a thing as too much water. Have you ever heard of water intoxication (or water poisoning) ? But that only happens if you chug large quantities of water in a short time frame. I drink from 1.5-2 gallons per day and that isn't too much. So if you spread your water out through out your day, you should be fine.

8040179.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter