I said No

Options
Well I said No Thank You to be more specific.... last night I was reaching for the Oreos because I've wanted cookies and milk for a while now.... My sister wanted some Onion rings and I caved and made them... deep friend and all... they were good.... :) back to the oreos, I've tried this weight loss stuff so many times before that my fiancee really doesnt have faith in me anymore :( I did it to myself so i can't really b!tch about it) I reached for the oreos and said 3 cookies is 1 serving so im only eating 3... and he says "oh your starting that crap again?" i almost cried :( and I looked at him and said "you know what? You can have the cookies I dont want them anymore. I had onion rings so I dont need the cookies" and I walked away.
I haven't shared with him that Im trying again because I don't want to let him down again, Im just going to take it slow and do it for me this time.

Today one of my co-workers said he wanted to buy pizza for the office (a whopping 3 people today)... thin crust, sausage, cheese, and bunch of other stuff... I said "No thank you I brought a salad" so they will be eating yummy pizza while I eat my rabbit food. But you know what, Im ok with that. I will eat my salad and my orange for lunch and keep to my self at my little desk in my corner.

I dont know if that belongs in the Success stories section but I needed to share it with someone other than my journal and me.

Replies

• Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Every little bit of willpower belongs in the success category!!!
    Do it for you, don't worry about letting anyone down.
    Be accountable to yourself!
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    nerdyes.gif
  • missmaggiejane
    Options
    I just recently became engaged myself and I too have always struggled with my weight. My fiance however didn't care that i gained weight while we were dating; he actually gained a lot of weight himself once he felt comfortable in the relationship. But I am working hard to lose it, and I only just began doing this two weeks ago. So you and I are on the same page. Don't do it for others! Do it for yourself! And don't listen to your fiance. The last thing he should be doing is bringing you down when you're already down from struggling with a problem you've had for so long.

Baby steps is the best way to do everything. Saying no is a perfect way to start. But also remember that you don't have to deprive yourself of the foods you love. You just have to eat less of them. So far in the past 2 weeks I've lost 5 pounds and I ate cake, cookies, starbucks, and even some french fries. And I only worked out 3 times! Don't listen to what people have to say. Their opinions don't matter. What matters is what you want! Listen to your opinions. and if you want an oreo... then have 3... add it to your calories and never go over 1800 calories in a day. Also remember to never go under 1200 calories... it'll lower your metabolism!

I hope you succeed in your journey! Remember: BABY STEPS!!!
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I can give you some really good recipes if you want? I'm a foodie, grew up on nothing but Italian food (my dad is straight off the boat) and I love big bold flavors. The recipes I use are so good that I don't crave anything else in my house (oreos, my boyfriend making philly cheese steaks, his 7 year old mowing on chips and dip). If you're interested shoot me a message :smile: I understand how hard it is, but I believe that you can get through it. :happy:
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You did GREAT! Good job on saying no! And even if you do end up eating something like onion rings don't freak out -- just put it in your food diary and realize that 1) tomorrow is another day and 2) even onion rings CAN be part of your healthy diet IF it fits into your overall calories for the day. The key is logging in everything you eat. When you start doing that you start seeing how many calories are in different foods and can decide if things are worth it or not.

Another thing that helps is finding ways to "make-over" your favorite foods so that you can still have them without them totally killing your caloriecount. For example -- want pizza? Make your own english muffin "pizza" with a toasted english muffin topped by tomato sauce, sauteed veggies and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese-- about 250 calories total. Pair that with a green salad and piece of fruit and you have a GREAT lunch and you still got to have your pizza!

Anyway, good luck and once again GOOD JOB on saying no.
  • Herownself
    Herownself Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Good job saying no. You can do this. Do you like to cook? I am guessing if you can make real onion rings you are a good cook. I love to cook and share the love with others. That doesn't make it easy to lose weight. I like the skinnytaste.com web site. She makes over good recipes into lighter versions. Last night we had chicken parm rollatinis. She posts the calories etc and most of her stuff is already logged in to MFP. Give it a try. It really helps me to cook a real meal instead of just eating "rabbit food." I bring left overs to work along with veggies and it feels so much better than heating up a plastic tray from the frozen food section with lord knows what in it.

Hang in there!
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just recently became engaged myself and I too have always struggled with my weight. My fiance however didn't care that i gained weight while we were dating; he actually gained a lot of weight himself once he felt comfortable in the relationship. But I am working hard to lose it, and I only just began doing this two weeks ago. So you and I are on the same page. Don't do it for others! Do it for yourself! And don't listen to your fiance. The last thing he should be doing is bringing you down when you're already down from struggling with a problem you've had for so long.

Baby steps is the best way to do everything. Saying no is a perfect way to start. But also remember that you don't have to deprive yourself of the foods you love. You just have to eat less of them. So far in the past 2 weeks I've lost 5 pounds and I ate cake, cookies, starbucks, and even some french fries. And I only worked out 3 times! Don't listen to what people have to say. Their opinions don't matter. What matters is what you want! Listen to your opinions. and if you want an oreo... then have 3... add it to your calories and never go over 1800 calories in a day. Also remember to never go under 1200 calories... it'll lower your metabolism!

I hope you succeed in your journey! Remember: BABY STEPS!!!

All of this. Do it for yourself and your life!! We'll all be here to support you!
  • CurryGirl89
    Options
    Thank you :) I know he loves me but and its started taking a toll on our relationship because Im not happy with me anymore, I dont eat all the time lol but when i do eat its not healthy choices. My clothes don't fit anymore and bigger clothes are more expensive ya know. I buy braas maybe 1 time a year because big bras are expensive (sorry for the TMI) I have 1 pair of jeans that fits and I dont like shopping because every time I shop the sizes go up... no bueno. My ultimate goal is to get to 180, thats where I was when we first met and I was very happy with myself. Feel free to add me if anyone wants :)
  • GlfWid0
    GlfWid0 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Why don't you ask him if he'd like to join you and workout 6 nights a week? So far that's the only thing that's helped me...Ive only been at it a month but that's a month longer then any other time.
  • CurryGirl89
    Options
    Hey there,

Good job saying no. You can do this. Do you like to cook? I am guessing if you can make real onion rings you are a good cook. I love to cook and share the love with others. That doesn't make it easy to lose weight. I like the skinnytaste.com web site. She makes over good recipes into lighter versions. Last night we had chicken parm rollatinis. She posts the calories etc and most of her stuff is already logged in to MFP. Give it a try. It really helps me to cook a real meal instead of just eating "rabbit food." I bring left overs to work along with veggies and it feels so much better than heating up a plastic tray from the frozen food section with lord knows what in it.

Hang in there!

I will definatly look at that website :) my sister got me to buy Panko instead of shake n bake so I tried it out lol I love cooking but I don't have a lot of time, I work 8-5:30 tues-sat and go to school 6-9:30 during the week, noon-9 on mondays lol As I mentioned, my sister is here so having her skinny butt in my house is making me want to get in shape lol shes joining the military and has to tone up too (shes already super skinny but not as toned as she used to be when she was a varisty swimmer lol) Thanks for the website!
  • mrsred79
    Options
    Good for you, girl! It's all about choices. I think it's good that you took a step back and said "I already had onion rings, I don't need oreos too". And tomorrow? You can have that serving of oreos and resist the urge to have more than that. A treat is more than ok as long as it fits in to your daily goals. I tend to make my snack decisions based on whether I am actually hungry, or just craving something particular. If I'm hungry, I go for something "healthy", like a green smoothie, or veggie sticks or something like that, because I can eat a LOT more to ensure I don't feel hungry anymore, but not blow my calories out of the water for the day. I find that if limit when I eat sweets or rich foods to when I'm not hungry, but just want a little taste of one of my favorite foods, it's much easier to stick to one serving and avoid stuffing my face to fill up my empty stomach.

Poo on your fiance for not being supportive of the woman he loves. It can be frustrating to watch someone you love struggle, but that type of attitude and those type of comments accomplish NOTHING positive.
  • CurryGirl89
    Options
    Good for you, girl! It's all about choices. I think it's good that you took a step back and said "I already had onion rings, I don't need oreos too". And tomorrow? You can have that serving of oreos and resist the urge to have more than that. A treat is more than ok as long as it fits in to your daily goals. I tend to make my snack decisions based on whether I am actually hungry, or just craving something particular. If I'm hungry, I go for something "healthy", like a green smoothie, or veggie sticks or something like that, because I can eat a LOT more to ensure I don't feel hungry anymore, but not blow my calories out of the water for the day. I find that if limit when I eat sweets or rich foods to when I'm not hungry, but just want a little taste of one of my favorite foods, it's much easier to stick to one serving and avoid stuffing my face to fill up my empty stomach.

Poo on your fiance for not being supportive of the woman he loves. It can be frustrating to watch someone you love struggle, but that type of attitude and those type of comments accomplish NOTHING positive.

Green smoothie?? I need to try this what do you use in it?? I have a ninja food thing and I loooove using it but i need more recipes besides salsa and black bean soup lol
  • Donna_Houghton
    Donna_Houghton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I definitely say take tasty things to work rather than just 'rabbit food'. I make homemade soup on a Sunday and take it into work for the rest of the week with a seeded bread roll. Its so quick, cheap, easy and leaves me with plenty of calories to play with at dinner time. People sometimes comment that my soup smells better than their own lunches!

You are doing really well so don't worry about what anyone else says,including your partner. He'll soon know that you mean business when you are rewarded at the scales for your willpower ;)

Gather your support from those on here who know exactly what you are going through...

We can all do it!!
  • CurryGirl89
    Options
    Why don't you ask him if he'd like to join you and workout 6 nights a week? So far that's the only thing that's helped me...Ive only been at it a month but that's a month longer then any other time.

I tried that.... hes not active at all ... he's a littel lazy>> he has really bad back problems and he works a lot so i dont push him to be active we like to take walks :) hes one of those people that can eat what ever the hell they want and not really gain a lot lol
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good for you...each little step you take will get you there, slowly but surely. Dont try to please anyone with your efforts, you gotta do this for you. Another thing...dont temp yourself by having oreos or things like that in the house. That way the boyfriend cant have them either!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    That's 1 healthier choice you make, and every healthy choice counts. GOOD FOR YOU!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!