Guilt

Options
So I been eating really well for the last couple of days and I feel horrible because for lunch I had a tuna sandwich, chips and a slice of pizza...how bad is that??:cry:

Replies

• lima33doc
    lima33doc Posts: 8
    Options
    The 2 biggest things with me is to not beat myself up about it, keep marching on, and maybe push yourself in a work out a little harder.

DO NOT QUIT
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    How bad is it? I don't know, what kind of pizza? Thincrust veggie? Pepperoni-onion-green pepper? Slice as in 1/6 of a large pizza or 1/8 of a small pizza?

"Pizza" doesn't automatically mean big trouble. If it's decent stuff and you don't fill up on it it can be fine. Di and I love to go to the local pizza buffet and stuff on the best & freshest salad bar in town and top it off with a slice of thin-crust something.

On the other hand,,, stuffed crust meat-lover's from Pizza Hut is something like 1000 cals a slice,,, So again - what kind of pizza?

About the guilt, don't bother, get back on the horse and do better next time.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    There's still a lot of day left. Don't be guilty - hope you enjoyed it. Now work a walk/jog/run in or to an aerobics video and move on!!
  • Laura817
    Laura817 Posts: 29
    Options
    thanks!! I keep getting discouraged...but I will keep trying
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Don't feel guilty at all. If that's how you're gonna get every time you eat something you like, then this might last you, oh, about 3 weeks before you say forget it. If that's what you want, eat it and LOVE IT. Just remember it when you're deciding what to eat for dinner.

It takes time for your body to adjust to a different way of eating, so you're gonna have cravings until your brain and stomach get on the same page.
  • Laura817
    Options
    Don't feel guilty at all. If that's how you're gonna get every time you eat something you like, then this might last you, oh, about 3 weeks before you say forget it. If that's what you want, eat it and LOVE IT. Just remember it when you're deciding what to eat for dinner.

It takes time for your body to adjust to a different way of eating, so you're gonna have cravings until your brain and stomach get on the same page.

This is soo true! This is what I am going through now and I hate it. But, I know I need to stay with it because of my health! I feel silly for feeling guilty. But, I think once I get the hang of everything I will be ok....:indifferent:
  • angiemedina1
    Options
    I can understand exactly how you feel! I have been doing pretty okay this week until today, for some reason I am Extremely hungry. I guess this is what my fitness pal is made for. Now I can see how many calories are foods and see what are the positives and negatives of my food intake and learn.
    Good Luck:smile:
  • Sezzwick
    Sezzwick Posts: 12
    Options

This is EXACTLY whi I joined this site!!! For the support and encouraging words such as this!
    Keep going Laura! You can do it!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Laura817
    Options
    I know!! Thank you very much!:heart:
  • Laura817
    Options

This is EXACTLY whi I joined this site!!! For the support and encouraging words such as this!
    Keep going Laura! You can do it!!!!
    :flowerforyou:

I am glad to hear encouraging words!!! It always helps :)
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    It certainly does. It's especially important at first. After a while you will start to feed off your success, and you may need less and less of the outside motivation.

But for getting started... it really helps...
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it.
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    Don't feel bad! I just had a 1/2 cup ice cream......I'm still within my cals and fat though, and I'm going to work out here shortly, so I'm trying not to feel so bad!