how do you actually "lose" weight?

Options
sorry if this is a bit gross, but since I have been losing weight the last 3 weeks I notice I ummm go to the bathroom more (if you know what I mean....)

is that how the weight actually gets "lost" or does it just burn off somehow?

or maybe because I am eating better I am more "regular"?

again sorry if this comes across weird..... just wondering...

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    More fiber, water, and exercise helps keep you regular, but that's not where the 'weight' goes. You break the fat down to make energy and the fat cells shrink down. You basically turn it into heat and water.
  • Franelizabeth
    Options
    The weight does burn off and you will find that you are more regulary do to the fact you have changed your diet to a healthier eating plan hope that helps
  • rob_base
    Options
    so you mean I will keep having to go to the bathroom this much? or will that slow down once my metabolism and weight loss stabilize? (if that makes sense?) thanks all for the info so far....
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    If you've really increased your fiber, it can take time to adjust. But it's not related to weight loss.
  • Kaholliday84
    Kaholliday84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ive not eaten as healthy as i have recently but my healthy eating is having the opposite effect...
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I eat a high fiber diet, they do take some getting used to, but you feel better on them. Fiber breaks down into an energy source, and it is low calorie. You can give yourself a pick up and still come in under you macros if you are tracking them