Do I laugh, cry, or both.

I was in the gym yesterday and some just pops out with "damn man!" what happen to you. You've put on about 60lbs. Funny thing is, I don't even know the guy. I don't live my life by what others think but I did feel ashamed.

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Pretty rude comment for him to say, especially not knowing you.

You're doing well, just keep it up. The past is past, the future hasn't happened, there is only right now.
  • That's rude. I'd decked him. LOL.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Well it depends I guess, did he mean it as a compliment? If he thinks you're there trying to "bulk up" then he might have meant that you were looking more fit than before. If he's calling you fat on the other hand, I'd have had it out with him right there. I can't tell you I wasn't there, but I could see how that comment could have been meant either way.
  • LOL....I put on 50 pounds of fat, not muscle......it was not a complement.
  • I am so tired of people who just say whatever comes to their minds, especially if it is hurtful. You should not be ashamed. HE should! xo to you. :)
  • maybe he thought you were someone else?
  • ogypsy0soulo
    ogypsy0soulo Posts: 18 Member
    It seems so much more evident in society today that people act and react without thinking first.
    Don't let anyone give you an opportunity to stumble. You're on your way now, keep on keepin' on!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    "Thanks for noticing. Who the **** are you again?" <-- the proper response to that
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member

You're doing well, just keep it up. The past is past, the future hasn't happened, there is only right now.
    Amen!!! You said it!
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Assume he's off his medication and go about your business as usual. :wink:
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    And now I bet you can think of a hundred good replies but it's too late! Some people are so rude.
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    "Thanks for noticing. Who the **** are you again?" <-- the proper response to that

Love this!!
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    In my home town there is this girl who looks like me, we lived on the same estate, went to the same school, we have the same hair colour, eye colour, skin tone and when we were younger the same build. People were constantly confusing us. Now we're adults this still happens in my home town. People come up to me and ask me how my brother is (I don't have a brother but she does) & tell me how much weight i've lost (as she is at least 100 lbs heavier than me) when in actual fact I've put on like 50 lbs in the last couple of years. I just roll my eyes and say I'm not Sarah. I often wonder if she gets the same thing in reverse.

It's pretty rude to make a negative comment about somebodies weight... especially somebody you don't know well enough to get the right person.
  • I would have said, "what happened to you? I thought you were a nice total stranger. But you've gained 60 lbs of a**hole."

I really would...
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member

^^^^^^^^^

This!
  • RogerF765
    RogerF765 Posts: 113
    My ex's husband said something to me about being fat and I just said "Yep! But your bald and I can lose mine your's is never coming back." I figured that he was just pissed because he married her...lol They're divorced now....lol
  • Justin_1972
    Justin_1972 Posts: 25 Member
    LMAO @nopedotjpeg comment