My introduction...

Options
Hi, I am a wife, mother, nurse, and overweight by over 60 lbs. I nervously open my heart to this adventure and hope to meet new friends that I can support and will offer me support as well. I am committed to this process for 6 months to see how I do. I am one week in and I have done better than expected. Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a great day...:glasses:

Replies

• girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am sure you will suceed!! I love this site. It makes me accountable for everything I put in my mouth and it is so nice to see the trials and tribulations of others in this journey as well as the wonderful accomplishments of many!

Good Luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • mojomcgee
    mojomcgee Posts: 50
    Options
    Hey I just started in May also 2 weeks in - I lost 4 lbs first week and 1 last week but I can track my diet and see why so I'm hopeful that this will work. Another 40 pounds to go. good luck and hang in there.
    MM
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Welcome and no need to be nervous! Life is an adventure and you have taken a great first step to making yours better and longer!

I think it is great that you are committed to trying this for 6 months. There are so many people who give up to quickly when they don't get the results they want. It will take time but you will lose weight, and it will stay off an you will feel great. I know :happy: And I bet once 6 months goes by this will have become a way of life and not a diet and you will never look back :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    6 months? What's that all about? :laugh:

If you wish to do it - this will help you develop healthy habits that will become your day to day routine. You'll be leaner/lighter/healthier/etc.etc.etc. for the rest of your life.

Welcome aboard. You've found something very powerful here, enjoy!
  • ntminter
    ntminter Posts: 10
    Options
    Six months means not allowing myself excuses, a commitment, a need for a goal, 1/2 of a year, routines take roughly six weeks to become "routines", so why not six months...:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: