Love this site!

Options
Just at the Doctor's on Friday for my checkup. Blood work looks good, triglycerides still a little high and I have only lost 6 lbs. since August 1 despite 5x weekly workouts. Dr. told me to try this site and it is awesome - super easy to use, easy to add foods (even has Wegmans items - my favorite supermarket). Looking forward to see how this all looks on paper and whether it translates into lost pounds. Tried WW before and lost 17 lbs. but was too tired and hungry. I like to run and am training for 1/2 marathon in the Spring and the Doc said I need to eat more food to fuel those runs. Keep you posted. :heart:

Replies

• Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

I found adding as many friends on this site as possible is the key to my motivation. They push me when I need, look over my diary to keep me checked.

Good thing about this site is as you exercise and add in those calories you need to eat them (as you did WWPoints)

That is the key to not getting too tired and hungry.

You'll see as you add your exercise, your caloric number will rise. Be sure you listen to your personal MFP program. They know what they are doing. =)
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am really glad I started to utilize the message boards and adding friends....way more fun having friends! :)
  • MichelleUnger
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I hate being tired or hungry. It makes me cranky for my husband and kids. I like to feel just about full and enjoy having energy to work out.
  • MichelleUnger
    Options
    The banner showing your weight loss is eyecatching. What a way to stay on track. Hoping to make the lbs. move. Good luck to you.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I think that if you follow the goals that are set out and are honest about tracking what you eat you will have success here. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • Apathetic1
    Options
    Hi there, Im new to this site also and I think its great! If you would like a kiwi mate to help keep you on track (and me) then let me know:)
  • brunsda
    brunsda Posts: 78
    Options
    Welcome. I am new too aill of this too. It is really easy to keep track of things. I am liking the site. Good luck with your training.