Tips for easy, guilt-free meals

Options
I am looking for your ideas for something easy, yet very healthy, for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Here is something I have found incredibly easy, though it does require a little bit of time to prep. I was inspired by a roasted garlic dip I made to come up with other vegetables to roast.

To prep: chop into bite-size chunks the veggies of your choice. I like broccoli, fresh mushrooms, yellow squash, bell peppers, onions, zucchini, etc. Divide them equally into gallon freezer bags (I make 3 or 4 meal portions). Add to the bag any seasonings you like (salt, Mrs Dash, etc). I also like to add whole kernel corn and coarsely chopped garlic cloves. Refrigerate.

To cook: add about 1/8 cup of olive oil to the bag and coat the veggies. Dump contents into the middle of a sheet of foil and create a closed pouch around the veggies. Put in a 400-degree oven for about 40 minutes.

To serve: I enjoy mixing this with brown rice and chopped grilled chicken breast. Be creative and enjoy!

5979787_3295.jpg

Replies

• Jamie_82
    Options
    Another easy dinner is to pop some turkey patties in my Foreman grill and serve on whole wheat buns with a little bit of mayo and some sliced tomatoes, spinach and deli sliced cheese.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup is incredibly filling and super-low in calories.

Chicken Noodle Soup in a crockpot.... Yummy

White Bean & Turkey Chili

Throw chicken breasts and a jar of salsa in a crockpot...heat on low all day. You can eat the chicken as is or shred it for pitas/wraps/etc...

Spaghetti Squash, olive oil and garlic. Again...filling and low cal.

(I LOVE roasted veggies as well!)
  • SaraAnnS19
    Options
    I just did chopped veggies with salmon in a parchment paper steam pouch the other night for supper. Less olive oil and I only baked mine about 30 minutes until the salmon was done. I am not a big fish eater, but I'm trying. It was really good (for fish):happy: Since the rest of my family doesn't eat like I need to, it's so nice to be able to put it in the oven and then when their meal is done so is mine!

I just made this recipe yesterday for lunch and supper. It was THAT yummy! I call it Quick Taco Soup. I was going to make a taco dip with cheese and eat it with Triscuits but the calories kept adding up so I left out the Triscuits and cheese and made it a soup.

1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes
    1/2 cup black beans, canned and rinsed
    2 oz. cooked chicken breast chopped small (I had some leftover in the fridge)
    1 TBSP chopped onion
    2 TBSP chopped green pepper (I'm guessing here. I just eyeballed it as I diced and threw in the pot!)
    1-1 1/2 TBSP Taco seasoning
    1/2 cup water

I simmered it in my pan until the peppers and onions were tender. It made a nice sized bowl of soup, was quick, yummy and only about 235 calories!
  • omg thanks soooooooooooooo much, i am an 11 year old girl who NEEDS to loose weight and i did not know that 235 calories tastes this darn good. Thank you so much this is my every day dinner. please keep the recipeis commin
    P.S. I made it without the chicken cause i am a vegiterian, please give me more recipeis, but veg.
    thanks soo much!
    love,
    a girl who despertely needs to loose weight
  • Jamie_82
    Options
    Thanks for the yummy ideas!