The Wii Fit Scale - Does It Work?

Options
My actual scale is broken and I can't afford to buy a new one right now. So I was wondering if the Wii Fit scale is actually accurate enough?

Replies

• cutiekaylaa
    Options
    *bump*
  • Wibikerlady
    Wibikerlady Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The last time I actually pulled out the Wii Fit.. I had weighed myself on my scale naked, then went into living room with workout clothes on and it was pretty close. If I remember correctly like within 1-2 lbs...which would make sense due to wearing clothes at that point.
  • JLizzie85
    Options
    Yes, it is pretty accurate. Like the other poster said, maybe a pound off at most, in my experience.
  • Alex_on_the_Rocks
    Options
    I don't have a scale. I use my Wii balance board to weigh myself. I figure if I'm using the same device, it will at least be consistent if not 100% accurate.
  • ChaiDi
    ChaiDi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree - very comparable to my bathroom scale.
  • curlykitty
    Options
    i have the HORRIBLE knockoff one, and it was about 8 pounds off! .....and then it broke.....sigh.....

now i use wii active which doesnt need the board.

moral of my story.....dont buy the knockoff! lol
  • KenMonson
    KenMonson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    just make sure it is on a hard surface, mine was reading off by about 10 lbs until I put a board between it and my plush carpet.
  • brttanybby
    brttanybby Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mines usually always the same as the scale
    Maybe .5 lb difference.
  • sheystar
    Options
    yes it's pretty accurate. though it only says your weight in kg. (i guess)
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I used the wii fit board hen my scales broke haha and it was fairly accurate!
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    My wii scale has a difference of 4-2 lbs
  • Cassi1990
    Cassi1990 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    mine says i weigh about 20-25 pounds lighter then what my bathroom scale does. but my wii fit is on carpet and that effects it. take some free weights, a bag of rice, or whatever that you know the exact weight of and test it.
  • fuzz_pawz
    fuzz_pawz Posts: 106
    Options
    To be honest, they are so accurate that we recommend our clients weigh their cats on them...because they can measure down to 1/10 of a pound...which is extremely important for weighing small animals.