Women Only...

Options
I have an odd question... I am not sexually active at the time with anyone and have not been for months. I have started working out and getting more active...Will this cause you to miss a period or make it later? I never have missed one before and it kinda is freaking me out.. I guess I am the most active as I have been in years.. And figure this could only be the reason for a skipped menstrual cycle??? Anyone else have this issue or know?

Replies

• MeowserKitty
    Options
    Same thing happened to me when I lost weight. It is just your body adjusting to your new weight. Don't worry.
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Losing a significant amount of weight can cause menstrual cycle issues (like skipped/late periods) according to my doctor (because I asked about this). It may not be exercise but the fact that you have lost 83lbs and your hormones may be adjusting/rebalancing.

If it continues, then you might want to go talk to your doctor.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Yepp, pretty much what the above poster said. It hasn't happened to me, but it's made mine lighter and shorter. Thank you for calling it a period like a lady :flowerforyou:
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    It's happened to me before. I missed my period for two months once because I started exercising a lot all of a sudden. Your body should adjust and be back to normal.
  • chelleyr9
    chelleyr9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY NOT to scare anyone, but i was working out extra hard years ago and made the same assumption about my missed periods. After five months, I finally went to the doctor and it was discovered that I have a brain tumor. Definitely go get checked if its consistently being missed for more than four or five months. After that, I make no assumptions about anything and go to the doctor if I sneeze too many times in a day :-)
  • MelissaWI
    MelissaWI Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your answers...