Switching meals around!

Options
I've got to switch my meals around.. I have stalled again. I will eat lunch then dinner then breakfast. Starting it today I will give you results next weekend.

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I don't understand
  • samurphy123
    Options
    That's a great idea...trick your body....eating your bigger meal in the morning....while you are more active...good luck!
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant. That will have no effect on your plateau sorry to say :S
  • pjteige
    Options
    I have heard it said "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper." Probably also a good idea to get cardio in early in the day so you can enjoy the increase in your metabolism all day long. Let us know how it works out.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I have heard it said "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper."

Shame it's a total myth. Its like "drink 8 cups of pure water a day" or "Dont eat x hours before bed".

Pure fabrication tbh.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    OP:

Assuming your total energy intake is the same as it was before, this change is not going to do anything for your weight loss.

WHEN you eat your food doesn't make one bit of difference to your metabolism/energy expenditure.

How long have you been stalled and has it been a complete stall?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Oh I get it, you have some specific sort of foods for these meal names.

Cals in vs out is what matters
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I've got to switch my meals around.. I have stalled again. I will eat lunch then dinner then breakfast. Starting it today I will give you results next weekend.

LOL, how is that supposed to help?
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    They are very right - switching when you eat isn't going to do anything... Of course, if you wait it out, you'll probably overcome your plateau anyway (sometimes it happens) and so think that changing the time you ate helped. lol. I'm sure lots of people can help though if you open your diary - how many cals are you on? How much are you trying to lose/week? Are you eating your exercise calories back? Sometimes (definitely not always), you simply need to eat a little more and set your goals to lose less per week. Your body won't stop losing weight if you are in a deficit, but if you slow down your metabolism too much, you'll appear to be stalled because you'll lose weight at a much slower rate than if you gave your body what it needs.
  • MrsKite
    MrsKite Posts: 35
    Options
    I am always in the calorie negative. I can not eat as much as I burn, The last time I stalled for 2 weeks ( no weight loss) I reversed my meals under the advice of a trainer and I lost 4 pounds that week.
    Myth?? not for me. Everyone is different. I need to pack in most of my calories during the first half of the day then the lighter calories at the end of the day.
    I eat like a King at breakfast. a Prince at lunch and a Princess for dinner. It has worked for me in the past... it may not work for everyone.
    What do I eat for breakfast? What I made for dinner the night before for my hubby and Dad, my usual lunch and Special K for dinner or my homemade protein smoothie.
  • MrsKite
    MrsKite Posts: 35
    Options
    They are very right - switching when you eat isn't going to do anything... Of course, if you wait it out, you'll probably overcome your plateau anyway (sometimes it happens) and so think that changing the time you ate helped. lol. I'm sure lots of people can help though if you open your diary - how many cals are you on? How much are you trying to lose/week? Are you eating your exercise calories back? Sometimes (definitely not always), you simply need to eat a little more and set your goals to lose less per week. Your body won't stop losing weight if you are in a deficit, but if you slow down your metabolism too much, you'll appear to be stalled because you'll lose weight at a much slower rate than if you gave your body what it needs.

I opened up my diary...
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Oh I get it, you have some specific sort of foods for these meal names.

Cals in vs out is what matters

agreed
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just looking at your diary, I can see you probably aren't eating enough. I know sometimes it is hard to eat your exercise calories back, but as long as you feel they are accurate (using a HRM), then try eating 50-80% of them back if not all of them. Some days you have a huge amount of calories left over. Try nuts - just 7 whole walnuts (14 halves) is almost 200 calories. You might try using twice as much peanut butter on your sandwiches, or eat a handful of nuts spread throughout the day. They'll add up fast. Also maybe try adding good oils and butter. Coconut isn't hard to take a tablespoon straight - it's actually really tasty, but you can also cook with it or olive oil for added calories. Maybe even start eating full-fat dairy (yogurt, cheese, etc), or maybe using more milk in your cereal (and drink it afterward). Just look over your diary and see where you are skimping on calories and try adding them back in those places. Also, what is your weekly goal? You look like you are close to your goal weight so if your deficit isn't already set to 1/2lb a week, I'd recommend changing it. Good luck :smile:
  • Anewmein2014
    Anewmein2014 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

LOL, how is that supposed to help?

I actually saw this on a discovery health show, when you eat a bigger breakfast you are burning off the calories from that meal all day long vs. eating a big dinner where you are not up as long, and therefore these calories are not burned off as quickly. The lady that was in the show did really well by eating this way and lost a nice amount of weight.