Does anyone have a FitBit?

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/fitbit

They look pretty interesting. I am looking into it and would like some opinions on it.

Replies

• sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but I've been looking into it also. Apparently it's not as accurate as the bodybugg or something like the Polar when it comes to heavy exercise but for some reason it appeals to me so much. Unlike a HRM you wear it all day, calories, tracks steps, sleep etc and unlike the bodybugg, you don't have to pay monthly subscriptions to view your online data.

I think it could be a real motivator for me to walk/run more but I feel it costs a little too much for what it is. I'm currently trying to gain some amazon gift vouchers to get it for cheaper.

Most reviews seem positive though. Would be great to hear from someone who has good experience with it.
  • niecyd55
    niecyd55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've just splashed out and ordered one, will post when I've used it.
  • sheepysaccount
    Options
    thanks niecyd55 :)
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have one and use it a motivational tool,to get me moving more. I use my HRM for my workouts,and then input my calorie burns that way.

Some people have said that it is not accurate in keeping track of sleep patterns.

But that doesn't matter to me,it gives me a rough estimate of what I burn daily and that's what matters to me.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just got one today, jus getting it setup. I am interested in one readings I will get...
  • dpowell58
    dpowell58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit and have been using it since the beginning of November. It is not real accurate on heavy workouts, especially if they involve weights, squats, etc. but you can input the correct burn into MFP. I use my HRM to get a more accurate read of calories burned for all of my workouts.
    I have found the sleep pattern feature to be pretty accurate. I love my FitBit and wear it 24/7 (except in the shower).
    I hope you enjoy yours.
  • 3Sarah333
    3Sarah333 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bumping this. Just ordered mine last night & it comes Tuesday. I'm really hoping it will help me with tracking calories while I do cardio DVD's at home. Please continue to share tips and info.
  • Mirimuffin
    Mirimuffin Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wanted one but they don't sell them in Germany nor do they ship here :/
  • sheepysaccount
    Options
    Actually, amazon sells them here in Germany :) They are a lot more expensive then in the US, though.
  • Mirimuffin
    Mirimuffin Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh I didn't know. On the website it said they don't sell at all here. Just checked amazon and the price difference is insane... 50€ more than in the US :/
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have one, delivered on 5 Jan, been wearing it ever since, fascinating to find out how well you sleep, and it definately gets me walking more to get those numbers up. Very discreet, and sync is easy, top-up charge in the evening when I am just watching tv or knitting. Would give it 10/10.
  • sheepysaccount
    Options
    Thank you, again. I am thinnking I mgiht send it to a friend in the US and then have her send it over. That would be cheaper.