King Ranch Chicken Casserole (Friday Night Meal)

Options
JayTee146
JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
This Recipe was shared with me by my little girl's God Grandmother, she LOVES IT. I had to modify it to lower the calories but I wanted to share with you guys what I'll be cooking tonight for my friday night meal!

Idk why but I do well during the week, I'm able to hold true to my calorie watching and on the weekends I tend to want naughty foods... Well this is naughty and not bad on the calories per serving:flowerforyou: :) I hope you all enjoy. :love:

KING RANCH CASSEROLE

1 can 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushrooms
1 cup of Fat Free Sour Cream
1/2 cup of Rotel Tomatoes
2 cups of - Shredded Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese,
1 sm Onion chopped
8 chicken breast (32oz)
3 cups of crushed tortilla chips (I did five servings in the recipe builder )

Per Serving: 427 (For 8) 3something for 10 servings.

Combine soups, sour cream, and rotel tomatoes, stir until smooth and thoroughly heated
In a 13*9 pyrex dish put a layer of crushed tortilla chips, chicken onions and sauce, black pepper and then grated cheese

Bake on 325 or and hour uncovered.

If I can change something to make the caloric count lower please share your thoughts.... I :love: cheese so I don't want to give that up.:blushing: :bigsmile:

Replies

• Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ohhh! sounds great. I'm gonna substitute light pepperjack for the cheddar and maybe baked tortilla chips or baked doritioes....can wait to try it.

:smile:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    This has always been my favorite comfort food since I was a little kid. We always just used corn tortillas.
  • juliet1178
    juliet1178 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite meals (we do dorritos instead of tortilla chips though). I don't put sour cream in mine, and it is wonderful. Not sure if taking the sour cream out will help you on much calories though since you are using fat free sour cream.
  • JayTee146
    Options
    I found some baked tortilla chips at walmart. I can't wait until I get off to cook it!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • JayTee146
    Options
    I miscalculated! went back to the recipe builder to add the baked chips and noticed that I added the same thing twice so it's actually 336 per serving not 427 YESSSSSSSSSSS!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :love: :love:
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    How about the sodium?
  • JayTee146
    Options
    I'm not sure crystal.... I didn't see anything on the builder that listed the amount of sodium, I wonder how much it is hmmmmm let me look around for a sec.

I googled a version of King Ranch Casserole and I got 400mg... I would think this one would be higher becasue i'm using tortilla chips and not the soft ones.
  • mms1268
    mms1268 Posts: 22
    Options
    Bump
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump thanks !
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wow this sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
  • Luckybarc
    Luckybarc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump Thanks
  • JayTee146
    Options
    I have the casserole in the stove guys! It Smells GRRRRRREAT! Hopefully I can get the pics loaded so you can see what it looks like. :love:
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump for pics :) hehe
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, gonna come back later to hopefully see pics and copy down recipe!
  • keggreen
    Options
    Bump :)
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    Yum Thank you for this !
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tooofluffy
    Options
    Thanks you just made my favorite meal ok to eat lol.... you have a cute cute baby!