I'm doing this backwards

Options
Hey everyone! I am new to the site but started using the iPad app a couple weeks ago for the calorie counting/food logging tool. When I got on the full site for the first time yesterday, I went over to the Success Stories forum and posted about my success of losing 121 pounds (from 293 to 172) in 2010 through a combination of eating right and making exercise a priority in my life. In the process, I found a new lifestyle that I have fully embraced and have been able to keep the weight off by staying active. I definitely have a weakness when it comes to sweets (especially ice cream) but try to only partake if I have "earned it".

I love reading the message boards and seeing the posts from folks who are overcoming their obstacles and staying focused on achieving their goals. I look forward to getting to know you folks and being more active in this community.

Replies

• Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I started the same way... First on my iPad.... Then started to check out the boards. MFP is great
  • jktjcca
    jktjcca Posts: 62
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
  • starmell1
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Your story is encouraging. Patience, diligence and exercise sounds like a must.
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have only been here a few weeks and also found out I like the treadmill that has been in the bedroom for years. Your story is inspiring! Welcome!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am new to the site but started using the iPad app a couple weeks ago for the calorie counting/food logging tool. When I got on the full site for the first time yesterday, I went over to the Success Stories forum and posted about my success of losing 121 pounds (from 293 to 172) in 2010 through a combination of eating right and making exercise a priority in my life. In the process, I found a new lifestyle that I have fully embraced and have been able to keep the weight off by staying active. I definitely have a weakness when it comes to sweets (especially ice cream) but try to only partake if I have "earned it".

I love reading the message boards and seeing the posts from folks who are overcoming their obstacles and staying focused on achieving their goals. I look forward to getting to know you folks and being more active in this community.

Your doing AWESOME! I too started my journey back in November of 2010 and have lost 104lbs...56 more to go! You sound a lot like me, ice cream, especially "Ben & Jerry's" "Heath Toffee Crunch", is my biggest downfall! Keep up the great work and welcome to the official, best site ever..MFP!