inches over pounds

Options
Hey everyone I have been losing inches but not lbs maybe 3lbs. Is this a good thing? I would think I should be seeing the scale go down. I have not been keeping track of measurements but can tell there is a difference...ie in the mirror and how some clothes fit.
I am working out 4-6 days a week for at least 30 minutes doing treadmill or a walking dvd at home. Any suggestions or thoughts? trying not to be discouraged that I am not seeing lbs go

Replies

• cssm
    cssm Posts: 25
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! I am receiving comments on my weight loss or just that I am "looking well". Which is lovely, but I'm not seeing much movement on the scales. Its a little disheartening but surely doing six days of cardio a week will pay off eventually!! Hang in there
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. The number on the scale is meaningless if you're building muscle at the same time you're losing fat. Your waist circumference is the best indicator of how your diet is going.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well I have lost 10 lbs so far and I went from a size 20/22 to now a 16. Make me really wish I would of done measurements b/c I think I would be really impressed.

So not a lot of movement on the scale for sure but I feel my core is stronger, I can feel my legs are so much more muscular, I just feel stronger in general and I can feel my waist slimming down. So those are huge indicators for me. It's hard not to focus on the scale but enjoy all the other little victories you are seeing.