Hi! im new at this :)

Options
I am still getting used to using this website but I hope it works out. I have never really wrote down everything I have eaten...and now its crazy to see how little can actually contain so many calories and fat. After starting this site it was really opened my eyes to how bad alot of things were that I was eating and drinking on a daily basis. I am hoping that this is the first step to a long and healthy future.
I am just curious if there are any success stories that anyone would be willing to share to help keep me motivated and positive? Good luck to everyone on their journey !!!! Im excited to have joined this community :)

Replies

• mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you! :drinker:

There are plenty of successes here, but most importantly I think we all just help keep each other motivated and driven toward a healthier lifestyle.

Anyway, best of luck, and when you need advice, motivation, support, help, whatever, just let us know!

Matt
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome.... I think you will really enjoy this sight. There are so many people who are willing to share their knowledge and encourage you along the way.... :happy:
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are going to love MFP! :bigsmile:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    This site has helped me a lot at keeping me accountable for what I eat and teaching me how to eat better. I have learned not to take away my favorite foods but how to alter them to be healthier.

Good Luck.
  • reedman
    reedman Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome - I'm glad I wasn't tracking what I was eating BEFORE I started eating smartly...I started doing P90X to get into shape and on the advice of a friend I began to use this website to track my calories to make sure I was getting enough and of course not getting too much. It's been a great tool for me to use and in a strange way it is also a great way to help me stay focused on my work outs and keep me in line to reach my goals.

I just wish that someone who knew the "rough" estimate of calories burned on a P90X work out would post them so I could update my exercises too!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MelissaMarie
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses! I really love this site already and everyone is great!!! I really think I can do well with all the support that everyone shows!!! thanks :happy: