New here and looking for help

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Chris! I'm 28 years old, father of 2 kids (3 year old daughter, 5 year old son) and I run a regional italian restaurant. Over the course of my 8.5 years with my job, I have gained 80 pounds. But can you blame me? I mean who doesn't love Italian food?! :) Anyways, I am to a point now where I am in serious need of support staying on this. I attempted to get in shape, lost 20 pounds, and was well underway until during a pickup game with my friends I tore three tendons in my ankle. I went through a surgery to repair the tendons, was completely immobile for almost 3 months, and back five pounds higher than my starting weight. Now due to this, having completed my physical therapy I'm limited to low impact exercise, mostly treadmill, exercise bike, things like that. I am 5'11" 285lbs, and have a history of heart disease in my family. I've gotten to a point where I look at a cookie and ask myself if I want that cookie, or to see my son graduate from college, or my daughter get married. I'm not telling a sob story, I don't get picked on, have a poor self image, or wanna get in shape to "get chicks" I want to be healthy enough to stay alive to enjoy as much time on this planet as I can. What I'm looking for, with help, and assistance is people who I can be coached by, and coach in turn. To create a support group for myself and others so we can all be successful. I'm very charismatic and outgoing and have no problem being as open as I can to get and give help, and also understand that not everyone is in the same mind set, capable of adapting to help other people with their goals as well. If you're interested let me know, I will be more than happy to reciprocate any help given! Good luck to everyone, and thanks for your time! :)

Replies

• kauaibaby
    kauaibaby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris! Welcome to MFP! I'm also fairly new to this site and looking for some positive support! I understand your story as I also battled surgery last year and gained back way to many pounds after a successful weight loss journey. I'm determined to get this weight off also and I think you and I have found the right place to keep each other accountable!! Everybody on this site seems to have their story and we all have the same goal! We CAN do this! :)
  • shelby11294
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I wish you only the best of luck! I've been on here for about a month, I've lost 5 pounds. 20 - 25 more to go and this girl is done! And OMG I don't blame you at all for eating Italian! Oh boy, my boyfriend is italian, and I'm used to eating all that good stuff... pasta pasta pasta! Love it! ;-)
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! You will LOVE this site! :happy:
  • khrisdeus
    Options
    Thank you all :) I think the community aspect will really help this along! And yes pasta pasta pasta! However now it's salad salad salad haha. I look forward to working with all of you and think with the right help and support we can all excel! :)
  • khrisdeus
    Options
    By the way kauaibaby, I LOVE your picture :)