Homemade popcorn? What do you snack on?

Options
lamilli09
lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
Hi all! I bought a bag of kernels for popping last week and haven't found any recipes online that really look perfect.

Does anyone out there have a recipe for homemade popcorn?

Also, I'd love to hear about your other low-calorie snacks!!

Replies

• becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I bought a bag of kernels for popping last week and haven't found any recipes online that really look perfect.

Does anyone out there have a recipe for homemade popcorn?

Also, I'd love to hear about your other low-calorie snacks!!

I like to pop it, spray with olive oil cooking spray, and sprinke various spices: dill weed, garlic powder, chili powder, Mrs Dash, salt-free popcorn topping, ranch, you name it. Soo good, low cal, and you feel like you indulged in your favorite potato chip! I also filled one of those kitchen sprayers that you buy for oil, filled it with vinegar, pump it up and spray then top with sea salt.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I have a popcorn maker! It's great, takes less than 3 minutes and you have a huge bowl full of popcorn. And it has much less calories than a bag of crisps/chips.

Louise
    xxxxxx
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I heard you can actually make popcorn in your microwave in a brown paper sack with some cooking spray. Google it!

I like veggies in hummus, the 98% fat free popcorn bags for the microwave, and baked kale or baked sweet potato.

GL!
  • Linda1053
    Linda1053 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I bought a machine to make air blown popcorn, it requires no fat and lowers the calories. I am never sure what to put on it to add flavour. But I do quite like it just as it is. I have tried putting it in a Tupperware box with a couple of squirts of spray-lite and a sprinkling of sea salt also tried with artificial sweetener and tossing it around so it mixes well. Most of the recipes that came with the machine used melted butter which I must admit I haven't tried.

I would like to hear of anyone else's recipes as well. Thanks for posting.