Mushroom Herb Chicken

Options
Lesliecs
Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
This is NOT my recipe. I found it on the Cooking Light website when I was looking for some recipes. I hope it's ok to post it here because it looks delicious and I plan to try it soon. If I'm not supposed to post recipes from websites...... someone please let me know! Anyway... here it is. I included the link to the page at the bottom. Only 226 calories per serving!

Ingredients
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Cooking spray
3 large shallots, peeled
1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
1/3 cup dry sherry
1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
Preparation

1. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/3-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; coat with cooking spray. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until browned.
2. While chicken cooks, cut shallots vertically into thin slices. Remove chicken from pan. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; coat vegetables with cooking spray. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in sherry and marjoram. Return chicken to pan; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and chicken is done. Transfer chicken to a platter. Pour mushroom mixture over chicken; sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.

Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast, Oxmoor House

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
Calories: 226
Calories from fat: 10%
Fat: 3g
Saturated fat: 0.6g
Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
Protein: 41.6g
Carbohydrate: 5g
Fiber: 1g
Cholesterol: 99mg
Iron: 1.9mg
Sodium: 262mg
Calcium: 33mg

Go here for the website photo: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mushroom-herb-chicken-10000001896107/

Replies