The great lunchtime dilemma

Hi guys and gals,

I'm looking for some inspirational lunch ideas that don't involve bread/pasta eyc but that will still keep me going till dinner time?

I've tried soup but that still leaves me hungry unless I have bread with it and that just eats into my daily allowance.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Gw

Replies

• try tuna egg salad wrap
  • Terribelle
    Terribelle Posts: 3 Member
    Try wholemeal pittas - they eat less into your daily allowance, they are very filling and you can fill them with lots of different things:) I like filling mine with low-fat humous, black olives and tomatoes, chicken salad, tuna salad - the options are endless! :)
  • Thanks for the ideas all, I'll give them a whirl!
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    This is like a really really easy 'bread substitute' and I make it and bring it to college. I calculate each quarter has 240 cals and it WILL FILL YOU FOR HOURS, as long as a sandwich.

mix up in a bowl
    140gms of oat bran
    310 mls of skimmed milk
    2 eggs
    Baking powder.

that is the basic recipe but i add a crushed up banana, and some crushed up blueberres, and disolve 3 candarel sweeteners) and add them.

Then put it to the oven for 30mins at 180, I put mixture in to a silicone tray and it's so easy to pop out and then just cut in to four. put each quarter in a sandwich bag and take to work. It is EASY and it'll fill you as long as a sandwich!

ps, you can use some diet yoghurt in place of some of the skimmed milk just to pep them up a bit more. They are REALLY nice, honestly!!! and if you are a bread fan, you'll have that familiar feeling of having eaten some bread, even though they're not bread.
  • msjta
    msjta Posts: 51
    I always pack my lunch:
    salad with turkey, chicken or shrimp
    home cooked vegetables with chicken or turkey or salmon
    stir fry with my favorites: brocolli, cabbage, snow pods, carrots, mushrooms...add chicken, turkey or shrimp
    soup and salad