what to drink

Options
Friday night and I am going out with the girls to get our drink on... What is everyone else drinking??? I am getting burnt out on soda water and vodka with lime.. rum is gross. what I really want is to drink a bunch of beer butttt we all know the calories in that... red wine is ok but not exessive amounts.. UGHHHHHHHHHH

Replies

• crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • Lyndzer
    Lyndzer Posts: 41
    Options
    Thats a tough one. when drinking at home I drink the Crystal light mixes ( the packets that make a whole pitcher of juice) is 10 cals for a 16 ounce (large) glass. I put my vodka in that

it comes in many different flavors, but I don't know about what to drink when you actually get to the bar other than what you are already burnt out on.

sorry I couldn't help more but at least you might look into the crystal light mixes for your pre drinking.
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    Water.

oh my gosh your soooo smart as if I don't drink enough of that already... WOW mr smartie thank you so much for your advice
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    Thats a tough one. when drinking at home I drink the Crystal light mixes ( the packets that make a whole pitcher of juice) is 10 cals for a 16 ounce (large) glass. I put my vodka in that

it comes in many different flavors, but I don't know about what to drink when you actually get to the bar other than what you are already burnt out on.

sorry I couldn't help more but at least you might look into the crystal light mixes for your pre drinking.

I could see that being yummy :)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Water.

oh my gosh your soooo smart as if I don't drink enough of that already... WOW mr smartie thank you so much for your advice

Lmao, love your response denise! Gotta love when people leave useless responses like that.
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Water.

LOL I'm sorry, I had to laugh at your sarcasm! :P

Seriously though...I usually stick to vodka diet coke. If you're drinking to get drunk, I sometimes find it okay to opt for higher calorie shots that are more potent. i.e. sambucca = 100 cal a shot but if you're like me, you only need 2 to get tipsy. Then by the time you're at that point, you can drink vodka diet coke without it tasting like crap.

I wanna see what other people have to say too, cause I'm going out next week and I haven't drunk a lot since I started this diet 6 months ago! But usually if I'm having a few drinks I plan what I like to drink from the beginning of the day and leave those calories aside.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I've been trying to figure out better alternatives for my alcohol...tonight's been a vodka night, switched from my rum [which is my love! ...btw which types have you tried? taking like 4-6 shots chased with diet soda has always done the job for me. Not the best tasting but ehhh!] Lately I've just been allowing extra calories in my day for like 5 shots [when im drinking]
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Everclear will get you there pretty fast.
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ya know, I don't drink a lot. So on the occasional night when I do, it's usually one of those go all out nights. I don't care what I drink. I'm out having fun, and I really don't want to be concerned or bothered with how many calories are in my drink or if it will fit in my calorie goal for the day. I want it to taste GOOD and I want to enjoy myself. I say drink what you want. Everyone talks about cheat days, so why can't your night of drinking fall under that? Go out and have FUN! Then just get back on track the next day. Hope you have a great time! :drinker:
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Bacardi/Diet Coke
  • Lyndzer
    Lyndzer Posts: 41
    Options
    Ohhhh crystal light just came out with appletini, margarita... And ive forgot the 3rd flavor, drunk mixes
    I seen them at walmart :)

Just thought I would let you all know

Also keep in mind... Drinking usually leadsto dancing (for me anyways)
    And that's a good calorie burn. Opening up some more calories for you to drink back
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Scotch n soda