18.5kg (40.7 pounds) lost, progress story with pictures.

Options
baileyesp
baileyesp Posts: 54 Member
G'day boys and girls!

My name is Michael Bailey, I'm 23 years old, from Perth, Western Australia but currently living in Sydney after a recent move 6 months ago.

I first came across MFP on the iPhone when I was trying to find a decent calorie counting application, little did I know it would be such a handy tool to help me achieve my weight loss goal. I couldn't believe it's user friendliness, the huge database of foods and I don't think I have scanned a barcode for it to only come back with "food not found"

That brings me to my weight loss regime. For many years I have battled weight issues, with my scale reading going up, down, up down, up then up, up up....I became lazy, unfit, and generally an all round unhealthy bloke. Almost 15 weeks ago, my weight had reached an all time high of 113.5kg, I couldn't believe it. But it caused me to change, and change for the good. I began to eat less crap, healthier foods more often as well as exercise, and drink lots of water (especially coming into summer). This was the game plan.

I had to be very strict in the first few weeks, as I wanted to get into the cycle and get rid of the temptation of craving eating fatty take away foods and larger portions. I was also exercising with a minimum of a 5km walk a day that incorporated hills and the odd jog, with the utilization of the Nike GPS+ app. As I was able to track my progress in both distance, calorie burning and time, it was pleasing to see what I was achieving day to day and only wanting to strive further as time went on.

10 weeks into my diet, I had lost 13kg. People were beginning to notice my changing body and it was certainly a confidence booster with all the compliments I was receiving. But I was getting bored, I needed a good kick in the *kitten* to get me going again. So, I hit the gym. I was certainly hesitant at first as I was worried about coming face to face with my fitness levels but it seemed like the 10 weeks of walking had paid off. I have been back for almost five weeks now and I am five weeks into the Couch to 5k running program. I can feel dramatic improvements in my fitness already and I am ready to begin week 6 tomorrow!

So far, I have lost 18.5kg over 14 weeks and I am so happy with my efforts. I still wish to lose another 17kg or so and get to about 78kg but it isn't going to happen over night. I look forward to keeping you all posted on my progress and I can't wait to reach the finishing line.

Here are some before and after shots :)

Before

DSC_0039.jpg

w-1.jpg

294636_10150302558396891_684906890_8329519_1630241847_n.jpg

After

January2012.jpg

meandkelly170112.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

Replies

• autumnrose2
    Options
    You look awesome, what a difference! :drinker:
  • claire_rose
    Options
    wow , well done u can see u have lost weight u lookmore fitter and healthier, it look like u have reached your weighed as liook look well slim in your last pic , well done and gd luck , claire:smile:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    WOW! Nice work mate, what an inspiration!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    You look amazing well done :-)
  • Lyndzer
    Lyndzer Posts: 41
    Options
    Excellent! you look great!
    keep up the good work!
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's great work :]

PS. SYDNEY!
  • queenjme
    queenjme Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic well done. you must be so proud of your hard work
  • baileyesp
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I'm now sitting at the lightest I have been in about three years. Soon I will be at a weight that even my girlfriend hasn't seen me at! I'm heading back to Perth for a holiday next week so I can't wait for them to see me nearly 20kg lighter :)
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I picture speaks a thousand works and yours screams pride! Well done!

(Oh I miss Sydney too!!! Down the road in Canberra now....!)
  • Kassileigh
    Kassileigh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well done! You must be so chuffed :smile:
  • baileyesp
    Options
    I've been to Canberra a couple of times and it was a nice place. The war memorial is awesome! I think I will always be a West Aussie though :P

Thanks for all the kind words guys, really means a lot.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow you look totally different in the two pics with your girlfriend, well done! You should be very pleased with yourself! :smile:
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    A massive difference. Well done.
  • baileyesp
    Options
    Weigh in day today! I lost an awesome 1.5kg last week so this takes me to a total of 20kg lost :) so stoked!
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Awesome job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!