has anyone done the couch to 10k?

Options
how did you find it? :)

Replies

• Kassileigh
    Kassileigh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    3 years ago I did the C25k (at 39 years old) having never been a runner before. I really enjoyed it and ended up running a 10k race (slowly) after 6 months of starting it.

Sadly, I got poorly 2 years ago and topped running but now that I am better I am going to do it all over again!

It's great.

Good Luck!
  • skinnyfat2skinnyfit
    Options
    bump
  • skinnyfat2skinnyfit
    Options
    3 years ago I did the C25k (at 39 years old) having never been a runner before. I really enjoyed it and ended up running a 10k race (slowly) after 6 months of starting it.

Sadly, I got poorly 2 years ago and topped running but now that I am better I am going to do it all over again!

It's great.

Good Luck!

Great to hear you're going to start running again! I've been running on and off for a few years but really wanna stick to it this time and follow through with the 10k plan!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I didn't do the original C25K, but I did the continuing piece of it, which is the Bridge to 10K, which I think you are referring to? I enjoyed it. I bought the app for my phone. It spans over I believe 6 weeks, starting at running for 10 minutes, with 1 minutes 1 walking x4, then the time gradually increases to 15, 17, 18, then I think 25-30 min then ending in you running for a straight 60 min. I was actually using this in prep for a half marathon lol, and was able to get through it. good luck!
  • skinnyfat2skinnyfit
    Options
    I didn't do the original C25K, but I did the continuing piece of it, which is the Bridge to 10K, which I think you are referring to? I enjoyed it. I bought the app for my phone. It spans over I believe 6 weeks, starting at running for 10 minutes, with 1 minutes 1 walking x4, then the time gradually increases to 15, 17, 18, then I think 25-30 min then ending in you running for a straight 60 min. I was actually using this in prep for a half marathon lol, and was able to get through it. good luck!

The bridge to 10k is a bit different. The c210k starts off easier for beginners like me lol. It builds up the same as the c25k does though. I wanna do a half marathon when I'm ready :D
  • RichardCh
    Options
    I trying to train for a 10k. it just about trying to do run and going longer each time.
  • skinnyfat2skinnyfit
    Options
    I trying to train for a 10k. it just about trying to do run and going longer each time.

If you're trying to train for a 10k, this is the plan I'm gonna follow

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=1462924
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I did the C25k. I downloaded the bridge to 10k, but haven't really used it, following Hal Higdon instead. I'm aiming at a 10k race in March now. I have my first 5 mile run planned tomorrow, and should be up to 10k by mid Feb, so I have a bit of time to work on speed before my race. I can't remember when I started C25k - Novemberish, I think. I'm really happy with my progress. I'm a slow runner, but for a still quite heavy woman, I'd say I'm doing ok.

Do the C25k and see how you get on. That would probably be my advice. Learning to run is hard work, but it's incredibly rewarding. Nothing does as much for my self confidence, my faith in my body, as running.
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    i had been doing the c25k for months then one evening a mate suggested a run on a work break... 6.7 miles later we got back to the depot... 2 days later 10 miles!!! mind over matter people u gotta push yaself :)