Lunch ideas anyone?

Options
sayeo
sayeo Posts: 14 Member
Hey everyone,

Im just in the process of designing a meal plan for the next week or so and am a little bit stuck on lunch dishes. Im a cereal girl for breakfast so thats done and i have arranged family friendly low calorie dinners but am lacking variety in my lunch meals. So im just putting a call out for any of your fave low calories lunch recipes you might like to share?

Jess xxx

Replies

• Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump - always get stuck for lunch!

last week i had a lentil and cauliflower sheppherds pie for lunch. cheap and filling (was a bit over it by Friday and ended up splitting with a colleague). other things like cottage cheese, boiled eggs, or home made baked beans on toast. salads, soups?

I will usually have a yoghurt or fruit with lunch as well.
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I often take a chicken salad to work. I bake chicken in the oven with some dry spices and cut it up and toss it in the salad:

75-100g raw chicken (cooked of course!)
    Half a cup mixed lettuce
    30g Danish feta
    75g cherry tomatoes
    0.5-1 carrot
    75g mushroom.

The protein makes me full, the feta gives it a creamy flavour without a lot of calories and you get a few serves of vegies!

Otherwise, I cook a quick omelette in the morning and take it in a carry container and reheat for lunch +/- a piece of toast if you have a toaster at work.

2-3 eggs (or 2 eggs + 1 extra egg white)
    75g cherry tomatoes
    75g mushrooms
    Piece of whole meal bread
  • prism68
    prism68 Posts: 11
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich, string cheese, a few almonds and an apple... Was a staple for my lunches before I started using Bistro Md.

Also love hummus with cucumber slices or baby carrots...I was taking a tub of hummus and tossing some kalamata olives and sun-dried tomatoes on top.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    Fruit cups (in the canned fruit isle)
    cottage cheese
    string cheese
    Bumble Bee Tuna lunch paks (in the canned tuna isle)
    Oatmeal
    Leftovers from the night before

Look at other people's diaries for ideas too! This is why it is good to have an open diary :)
  • sayeo
    sayeo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys thats a great start to my lunches for the week :)...

i have never thought of using lentills in a sheppherds pie so thanks Kai85.. I love shepards pie so will most certaintly give it a crack. i might make mini ones in ramikins and see how it goes. Do you know how many calories per gram serve it is?

Cartea01 i love chicken so you had me sold in the first ingrediant. We have home grown cherry tomatoes in the vege patch as well as the other vegies in the fridge so ill just have to get the feta so this one will be my lunch for tomoro i think..

Thanks again for all the ideas guys. ill let you know how they go :)

Jess xx
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess I don't have the recipe on me atm but can send to u later? About 250-300 cals per serve
  • Serenavictoria
    Serenavictoria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had a spinach salad today with s cut up apple and turkey breast in it. With olive oil and balsamic dressing I mixed. It was delicious. I also had snap peas on the side.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Pita Pizzas

Leftovers

BBQ Chicken Quesadilla

Chicken Noodle Soup and Grilled Cheese

Nuked Potato with Broc and Cottage Cheese
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    For me, nothing ever beats what I'm having today. Chopped red and green peppers, chunks of skinless chicken and baby button mushrooms, grilled on kebab skewers. 249 calories does four kebabs.