Help please. trying hard but no loss!!

Options
13»

Replies

• paundem
    Options
    Hi!!! I weight 163 pounds and I'm 5.5 feet. I also have a hard time getting my weight off. What I know is that, is easier to gain weight that to loos it. If you do more exercise then u use to do, your weight may encase because you are starting to built muscle, and muscle weights more than fat.
    Right now I'm not doing formal exercise, because I have a 2 year old and a 10 months old babies. I'm a full time mom... so is hard for me to find time to my self to do some exercise. If u want we can support each other.
    I reduce my calorie intake to 1200 calories... and it is helping me... so far i have lost 3 pounds.

With your diet you will start loosing weight just let your body get use to your exercise and to you diet.

We have to be patient I will be here if you need support. Sometimes is easier to have some one in the same place to help you get your goals.
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well this is what one pound of fat looks like, so when you think about it, it's not really anything to feel bad about at all! :)

http://doubleyourgains.com/how-to-lose-276-lbs-in-one-year-by-not-eating-or-why-fasting-is-ok
  • clucklucky
    clucklucky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that I had to kind of change my mindset when I was initially trying to lose weight (am down about 20 lbs and into my healthy weight range now) because for me, impatience was huge! My perspective had to change so that I didn't give up out of frustration that what I was doing wasn't working *fast enough*.

I made a point of reminding myself that I weight loss was just one of my goals. I also wanted to be healthy, to feel better about myself, and to not let food cravings control me. Weight loss would come naturally from making decisions that also allowed me to reach those other goals, you know? So if I worked out, made healthy food choices and did all those things that, by this new thinking, were the goals themselves, the weight loss would just follow. Even if it took forever to get down to a healthy weight (which it totally didn't), it would happen naturally and without me stressing about that part of it.

I also had an experience recently where stress and the holidays and an intensely academic program made it very difficult to make those same healthy decisions, and I was just doing my best to manage my nutrition. Working out was only happening once or twice a week, if and when I could squeeze it in. You know what? I didn't gain a pound over the holidays, but I sure gained inches! My favorite pants wouldn't fit! That just proved to me that what everybody says about the scale not being the best representation of your overall condition is true, because I saw it happen the opposite way!

Hang in there. It'll come. It's not a race, after all - you'll be rewarded in the long run!
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    I have been overweight most of my life and found that in the past instant gratification was what I was looking for. I would get discouraged and give up. Granted I have more weight to lose but I know that it's going to take time to take it off, just as it did to put it on. Don't give up! Do what you're doing and you will see results. Good luck!
  • lizzieann
    Options
    Thank you for start this post. I have only been back to MFP for a little over 2 wks. My first week I lost 4lbs, but have gained 2 back. It is going to be a tedious process again, but I have to remember it is better to slowly take it back off. I've really been reawakened to how important watching what I eat is..as well as making sure I get a little exercise everyday. Thank you for all the people who are having the same issues and concerns. I definitely feel the support is important to keep the motivation up even if I don't feel it myself. Keep at it, don't let the scale be the only factor in how you gauge the results!
    Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • nixrtkls
    Options
    I hear you! I've been faithfully following a good nutritious diet and exercize routine since the middle of November. . . I was frustrated the my workout friend lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and I had not lost a pound. . .

My BMR is 1453. .. But with a heart rate monitor I wear, my body burns about 2000 calories per day (doc says its probably closer to 1600, but anywho). When I exercize my calorie burn increases by 400-500 calories for that hour, then another 400-500 calories for the rest of tday. . . by the end of the day, I typically burn about 2800 calories if I work out.

I consume 1200 on mfp. . .

I am losing about 1/2 pound per week and I have been so frustrated. But I did some research and learned that Celexa, my antidepressant, is also a contributor to slow metabolism. .. So, after speaking with (and ignoring) my doctor, I am slowly cutting back on the meds and I am beginning to see the scale more a little more.

Hope this helps. .Just stick with it. It may take awhile, but it will pay off. Plus you'll feel so much better, and prouder, for sticking with it!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising a lot you could be adding muscle which is heavier than fat. Measure youself. Don't be discouraged. When you do the right things you WILL be rewarded. Be patient with yourself.
    You likely didn't add muscle and lose fat in 10 days by walking (even with the 30DS) and eating good, but hang in there. Its a marathon, not a sprint, and if you keep up the good habits, the losses will come. Be sure to take measurements though..these can be a good indicator of progress even when the scale isn't moving much.

I'd suggest monitoring your sodium if you aren't already..that's a common mistake for newbies, since mfp doesn't show it as a default setting and its a weight loss killer for sure..... Drink lots of water, and be patient!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public, or friend me so I can see what you are eating? Are you eating a lot of processed foods, high in sodium?
  • hollyrunner
    hollyrunner Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been on the MFP for 20 days...eating right...excercising....you know the drill!! I weigh once a week; hadn't lost a pound by way of the scale. Luckily I had taken my measurements when I began the program...guess what??!! I lost 2.5 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips in those 20 days. Get the tape measure out and start tracking the inches as well as weighing on the scale. It could be the pat on the back you need to stick with it . You can do it; don't get discouraged. We're all out here just a key stroke away struggling and succeding right along with you. :smile:
  • Kirstenonline
    Options
    I have to agree with many of you on here. I am 38 1/2 and not losing ANY weight either and I have been running four miles a day in addition to weight training. I do believe it has to do with our age as well. BUT, I would suggest you drink a TON of water if you aren't already and mix in some weight training. The more muscle mass you have, the better and more efficient fat burner you are. Finally, go by how you feel. I personally haven't lost any weight, but I feel a thousand times better and have toned parts that still need toning. I think that that goes a long way. Unfortunately, we want to see a difference on the scale, but that's not always the best measure. Good luck.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Numbers from the scale don't always accurately portray what you've lost so far. Measurements tell a better story, but with measurements you have to take them less often like once or twice a month. It's harder for me so I used the scale once a week. I have been having trouble too, but I guess it just takes time and not always the time we expect! Patience is key.
  • dawg53
    dawg53 Posts: 3
    Options
    My weight lose has stopped also,lost 2.2 iam 53.sooo up setting.
  • Leo247
    Leo247 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow I am amazed at the response to this.

For those who have asked I have opened my diary. Be gentle please... I am a great cook and cook for my family every day from scratch but I really lack discipline when it comes to portion control so I have been buying some ready meals this last 10 days. When I have some more time I will devise a few recipes of my own.

I also haven't been completing my water intake. Will do that from now on.
  • Leo247
    Leo247 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just to update. I have been eating back a few more of my ecercise calories and drinking tonnes more water and can now report a 6lb loss!!! Thanks for all the advice. x