Supplements

Options
What do you take and why? Not looking for protein shakes or specific brands - more interested in vitamins/minerals and the WHY behind your reasoning. :-)

Replies

• jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I take a hair skin and nails vitamin because those things are important to me. It does work.
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this too :) bumping to check on it later!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    multivitamin, b complex + zinc, and protein shake at night after workout. that's it. i eat pretty healthy so i think i get some of my needed vitamins/minerals from my diet. i just started taking the b complex + zinc because i've gotten some wicked colds lately and want to try to avoid that if i can. it has a lot of vit c in it too.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Take a Men's general health supplement (Wellman) and Vitamin D as there's rarely a sunny day here. Seems to work for me.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I take a hair skin and nails vitamin because those things are important to me. It does work.

I would love to know what you take for your hair and skin?
    It you have something that works - would you mind, sharing what works for you?
    I know, it does not mean it will work for everyone. Just curious.

Thanks
    ~Marcy
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    I take a multi just cause. Also, vitamin D because I've been deficient in the past and most people, especially women, are in the winter. I also take Osteo Bi Flex for my joint pain and it works wonders. I use soy protein and it doesn't contain glutamine the way many whey proteins do. So, I add glutamine to it. Does it help? I really don't know but I feel good and recover very quickly from my workouts so not willing to chance it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin D when I remember because I live in Seattle and we're all deficient here.

I take whey almost daily to boost my protein without having to prepare food.
  • I am currently taking Skinny Fiber. It's an all natural fiber based supplement. I started using it mainly for the fact that it's all natural, boosts my metabolism, and gives me energy without any stimulants. I lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks using it, my mom lost 15 lbs in 30 days, and my friend lost 7 pounds her first week. I feel better and look better in my clothes and will continue using it, especially since it helped correct my thyroid.
  • ljscar12
    Options
    CLA for toning and burning body fat, Vitamin D and Fish oil.
  • Thanks for the great responses everyone! Keep them coming! Trying to decide if/what supplements I should add to my routine. Currently taking Biotin for hair health, & a general multi-vitamin for all around health support.
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Thanks for the great responses everyone! Keep them coming! Trying to decide if/what supplements I should add to my routine. Currently taking Biotin for hair health, & a general multi-vitamin for all around health support.
    A quality multi and fish oil should be the foundation.
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    GNC Men's Sport Multi Vitamin, take that one because it has some BCAA although minimal but it does and higher qtys of certain vitamins including vitamin C and has all the Bs.

BCAA they are necessary to repair and build new muscle. Essentials are not created by the body so have to get them from outside sources.

Fish Oil - asides from the omega3 benefits to the heart fish oil combined with exercise helps burn more fat than exercise alone.
  • Marina614
    Marina614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I drink a breakfast meal replacement that has 70 whole live foods, digestive enzymes, probiotics, prebiotics, super greens, super fruits, A, B1-12, C, D, E K1, calcium and tons more. It has completely changed my digestion, energy, skin, hair, weight. I am 50+. This is a recent pic from December. I LOVE IT! I also take additional C, coconut oil, Udos oil and wheat grass :)
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I drink natural whey protein twice per day (easy way to get protein), and then take a men's multi-vitamin and fiber caplets. I never really got into the rest of the stuff, and I don't think I ever will.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Thanks
    ~Marcy

I take Natures Bounty Hair Skin & Nails (from costco). I have finished one entire bottle, 3/day, every day. My nails grow so fast and I can see an improvement in how they look like on my toe nails since they grow slow. My hair grows great and hardly shed like I used to. My skin is always clear, but I attritubte that change when I removed dairy from my diet. Have not had a break out or one zit since eliminating dairy products. =)
    I would highly recommend those vitamins. Amazon sells them or Costco.
    =)
  • runwithmike
    Options
    BUMP. I have been think about taking supplements beside a multi-vitamins.
  • Kona54
    Kona54 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    GNC has a good mulit vitamin for different ages/lifestyles..Fish Oil..extra vitamin B-12 for energy..
    natural fiber pill at night..keeping the system going regular...acidophilus for the good bacertia..and helps keep the immune system healthy..
  • kandire
    kandire Posts: 87
    Options
    I take a mulitvitamin (general health and I've always taken one), a calcium supplement (I cut way back on my dairy intake when I started on here!), a vitamin C (I get sick easily), a B complex (Dr. recommended for energy), and a vitamin E (hair and nails).
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

Thanks
    ~Marcy

I take Natures Bounty Hair Skin & Nails (from costco). I have finished one entire bottle, 3/day, every day. My nails grow so fast and I can see an improvement in how they look like on my toe nails since they grow slow. My hair grows great and hardly shed like I used to. My skin is always clear, but I attritubte that change when I removed dairy from my diet. Have not had a break out or one zit since eliminating dairy products. =)
    I would highly recommend those vitamins. Amazon sells them or Costco.
    =)

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the suggestion. :)

Marcy
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I just take a multi-vitamin for overall good health