the downside to loosing weight/inches

Options
perdie7
perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
my closet is a disaster....I can't find anything to wear! I'm running out of stuff to wear. Every time I go to get dressed I add more to the box of stuff that doesn't fit anymore. And I'm walking around pulling up my pants all the time.

Replies

• RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Buy a belt and bask in the fact that you are too thin for your own clothes!
  • tamaradarlene
    tamaradarlene Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Donate them to a charity....you're helping people AND you have something to write off on your taxes next year! :)
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes! Can't wait to have the same "problem" you are having :)
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    yes...it's a terrible, terrible problem to have! :tongue:

I have a wide range of sizes so I have mostly just been wearing all the clothes that haven't fit in years, with some extra shopping thrown in!
  • jenniakers
    Options
    Congrats! What a great challenge for you to find something to wear... I agree, donate them to charity. Keep up the great work!
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    I can't wait until I lose thirty pounds. My reward to myself will definitely be a trip to the clothes store to buy a bunch of great looking, skinny jeans and belly shirts! Ok, maybe not the belly shirts, after all, I am 48. But it will be a fun day!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yup, at 50 pounds lost and 50 to go, I have a similar clothing problem. The stuff I have in my current size is all summer clothes, and I needed a few pair of warmer pants to last the winter. The problem is that I don't plan to be this size again and don't want to waste much money on something I'll wear a few months.
    My solution: Goodwill! I bought two pair of jeans there for $7.00. :wink:
  • efranz12
    efranz12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Bought new work clothes in September (switched from a business casual to business office) and absolutely cannot wear the pants to work anymore because I look sloppy, not tailored and professional. While it's nice to be smaller it does get to be expensive when work appropriate pants run me 70-100 a piece. Luckily many of my dresses and skirts still fit.

My casual clothes situation is a mess too. Had to replace all my jeans and I may have to replace those again soon. Plus many of my shirts just make me look fat and slouchy as they're too big.

Try shopping clearance at your favorite stores, you can get great deals on winter stuff right now since they're preparing for spring; especially online.

I'm donating my work stuff to a local charity that gives low income women clothes for job interviews and jobs when they can't afford to buy their own. The casual stuff goes to Goodwill.

Kudos! And good luck :)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem gaining the weight. I got a new job, so I had to buy new clothes. I didn't have any office clothes since my last job required uniforms. So, at my new desk job, I gained weight, since I didn't move all day long. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe after only 6 months of working there.... AGAIN.

Now I'm shrinking, and it's wonderful. I'm shopping for clothes again, because I don't believe in keeping a variety of sizes of clothes that all are a decade old in my closet. I don't have the space for that, and I don't like wearing unfashionable clothes.

So, I go back to my favorite place... THE THRIFT STORE. I just picked up 10 shirts yesterday for $40. It was awesome.
  • lhaas24
    lhaas24 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats- an yea there comes a time when you just have to buy- clothes- it gets expensive. Had all my suits tailored a couple times-expensive- but at some point they just can't make them look right- so new suits- expensive- and I am on round 3 of casual clothes--- ugh. Saved em all though.... While I thought I might ditch em as motivation to maintain, financial responsibility dictated otherwise!

Yes! My hubby and I do this. We have like 5 huge plastic bins of clothes in the garage of varying sizes because we don't want to have to re purchase everything for gains and losses!
  • disciplineisgood
    disciplineisgood Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good will or Salvation Army. Great job!
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to do this :laugh:
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    The Goodwill store in my area is a very nice shop, and it has lots of good things you can find if you look long enough. It's a great place to shop when you're not to your goal yet, but your current clothes aren't fitting.

A belt is a must have too :)
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I just went to Marshall's today and bought two pairs of pants for $40, fairly nice, but I usually spend a lot more. I have a feeling that they will be too big in a month or so anyway (I hope at least!), so I didn't want to spend that much on them. Tops are easier because I have a bunch of stuff that is kinda stretchy and now just isn't tight on me anymore!

It's a pain but I'm excited to be able to get stuff at my final weight!
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. 3 boxes of clothes that are too big and still losing, so I don't want to spend a lot. Goodwill and clearance rack. I have been buying jeans at Costco/Wal-Mart. I do laundry twice a week sometimes to I can have clean clothes. I look at it as a temporary inconvenience. On the plus side, it is really nice getting to go and shop for stuff that is another size smaller!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Buy a belt and bask in the fact that you are too thin for your own clothes!

^
    this. I got a belt that has holes all the way of the belt. end to end. but then my friends and family complain I look like a clown with oversized poofy jeans. I can't win. :sad:
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding?! I love getting rid of my bigger clothes! Yes its expensive, but its $ you wouldve spent on overeating. I cant wait to have to buy a whole new closet! BYW, the clearance/sale racks are full of smaller sizes.
    Enjoy!
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    seriously, I think I spent like $3k last year between alterations and new clothes, suits, etc due to losing 75 lbs. Even my nice black shoes I wear with my suits don't fit right anymore. Can slip a couple fingers behind my heel. Sounds crazy, but it's true. I finally took several large trash bags of clothes to Salvation Army around Thanksgiving.
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Totally understanding you. My tops/blouse went down from 18 to 14. And pants from 20 to 18.....:bigsmile:
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! :p
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!