The Inside Out Diet By Cathy Wong

Options
Has anyone else followed the Inside Out Diet....I use it as my guide for what foods to eat and now that I have this incredible site I can refine it to really suit me.

Replies

• curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    Has anyone else followed the Inside Out Diet....I use it as my guide for what foods to eat and now that I have this incredible site I can refine it to really suit me.
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Hello Curvylady.....
    I don't follow any diet.....only my own.....
    How do you find these diets, and how can you trust them?
    Tell me about yours.....

Peace&Love
    Sonia:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I just took a quick look at this program. I can't seem to find where it differs from just eating healthy with a few modefications (mostly at the beginning). I mean, the first few months are a little different, but other then that, she just says to basically eat healthy. And then charges you money to buy her book that helps you to eat healthy. Seriously guys, you can eat healthy on your own without going some expensive program. It's really not that tough once you get used to it. I say go find a certified nutritionist (your GP should know one) and pay the 50 bucks they charge for an hour session, it costs little more then the book and will give you a solid, positive guideline for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!

I find it amusing that she mentions how hard counting calories is. I find it not only easy, but extremely satisfying to KNOW what goes into my body. Over 6 months of doing this, I not only automatically know what 85% of what I eat has for calories and nutrition, I also now know what a real portion is. Maybe this can have a negative effect on some, but not me. I find it empowering!
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    I have a look at the website, and I have to say It looks very interesting....
    Sorry Banks, but I don't think IS only Healthy food...is about how to eat it and combinations...
    You may know what is healthy and what is not, but some times the problem is that we mix the wrong food ....
    Thanks curvylady:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    Options

Sorry Banks, but I don't think IS only Healthy food...is about how to eat it and combinations...
    You may know what is healthy and what is not, but some times the problem is that we mix the wrong food ....

granted, part of eating healthy is knowing those combinations (you mentioned Healthy food, but I was talking about eating healthy, which is more then just the food, it's the overall process). So I guess, in that respect, I just feel it's the same as a healthy diet. I don't disagree with most of her plan, I just feel like, with a certain amount of research, it can be accomplished without using the book. That being said, I don't have any problem with someone using the book if they prefer that. The only thing I took umbridge to was that she made a few statements that I found inaccurate in my experience, which is basically just a difference of opinion. So hopefully you won't misunderstand what I was saying, I didn't mean to imply she was a Quack or something, I just felt that a lot of what is on the site is stuff that is regularly said by nutritionists, trainers, and doctors already.
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    I Wasn't "attacking you" Banks.....I was just giving my opinion.....(no hard feelings...)
    I was going to ask you, your opinion on something....
    It seems that you like to do research.... I was wondering, if you know much about :
    *Spirulina
    *Pu erh tea
    I have done my own research, but is nice to heard from some-body else.....:bigsmile:
    Thanks in advance,
    Peace&Love
  • banks1850
    Options
    no hard feelings. :smile:

Ahh, I don't off hand know of those items, but if I get some free time today I'll hit up some of my resources and see what they say. I'll let you know what I find.
  • banks1850
    Options
    I Wasn't "attacking you" Banks.....I was just giving my opinion.....(no hard feelings...)
    I was going to ask you, your opinion on something....
    It seems that you like to do research.... I was wondering, if you know much about :
    *Spirulina
    *Pu erh tea
    I have done my own research, but is nice to heard from some-body else.....:bigsmile:
    Thanks in advance,
    Peace&Love

OK so I'm not sure exactly what type of info you were looking for, but after a quick hit up of some of my online "secret info" places, I came up with a few little tidbits.

Spirulina:
    So I was unaware of the other name for blue-green algae, but that's what this is, and if I had known that, I would already have known what to say, so this one is pretty easy. This stuff is very good for you, no known side effects (other then the obvious, "don't overtake any product"). It's chocked full of protein and vitamins in pill form, and when dried out in the sun has a sweet taste. If you're just looking for confirmation on whether it's safe, it is. Many countries use it as a food suppliment. It's very sterile and doesn't contain any bad for you things. IMHO feel free to use this product as often as you like because, from what I have always heard, it's really powerful and good for you.

Pu-erh tea
    A tea similar to chinese green tea. It can be aged (unlike most teas which should be drunk directly after preperation or close to it). It has some good anti-oxidents and most research shows it can help the cholesterol levels in the blood and lipid levels. While many advertise this as a weight-loss product, none of the studies done on this product (that I could find) prove this to be true. It is a good product that can help the body, but if you're looking for a weight-loss aid, this won't really help. Not directly help at least. Lowering cholesteral and affecting lipid levels in the blood could (I stress could) help in digestion aid and therefore slightly aid metabolic processes, but that would be a mild change, probably not doing anthing that you would immediately notice. That being said, there is no evidence of this product causing harm, and that means that the benefits of it are worth every penny.

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but that was what I found right away. Let me know if there was something specific that you wanted.

On a side note, I'm now considering the tea as part of my diet, as in my last checkup I had slightly elevated triglycerides in my blood, although the doctor sprung the blood test on me, and I didn't fast before the test, so it may just be that I had food in my system, I really should go get that retaken.:tongue:
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Thanks Banks for the info....
    About the spirulina I know is very good for you....Specially if you're a vegetarian o don't eat much meat...
    I've used before and I'm thinking to start again...

The Pu erh tea, the same, I've used before, and yesterday I started again...
    It make me feel great after few cups....It give you so much energy.....
    I don't know if it helps for loosing weight, but it makes you go to the toilet !!:drinker: :tongue:
    I love teas, but I have to say, that pu erh smells bad and taste horrible the first time:sick:
    Good luck with that..Let me know what do you think about the tea...
    Take care