Newbie....lotsa weight to lose...looking for weight pals!

Options
Today I think I am finally in the frame of mind to begin a weight loss program.....Or as my friend says FOOD ADJUSTMENT STRATEGY!!! Gawwd that sounds so much better than DIET....diet really is a 4 letter word ya know! I am not one who starts diets.....in fact..I have tried to wish myself thin/healthy..but it didn't work. Today I weighed in at 273.4...HOLY COW! I am going to begin with a 7 day cabbage diet and then go to weight watcher points. People where I work have been doing the biggest loser...but who wants to be the BIGGEST biggest loser, ya know? All of my lunch buddies particpated in it...but they only wanted to lose 20 pounds...compared to my 100+. I figured I had 2 options..begin a diet or find new lunch friends!! LOL! Anyway...I will welcome anyone who would like to begin this journey with me! I am excited...and I am sooo dreading it. I love to eat...PERIOD!! :blushing:

Have a great day folks!
Sheila

Replies

• slimsconie
    Options
    Hi Sheila,

Let's be pals for each other. My goal is 137 before Jan 18th of next yr.....MY 50TH. I vision my little piece of black dress at my party!!!! BOOM:) i GOT YOUR BACK!!!

Slimsconie

P.s. Pic comin later today
  • sheila2734
    Options
    Sounds good! LITTLE BLACK DRESS....now that's an awesome goal!
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome! sending friend request!
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    welcome and best of luck! you can do it!!! :D
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheila, I'm pretty new here as well. I lost about 50 lbs before I found MFP, but with another 125 to go, I have a ways yet. Let's support each other through this! Sending friend request :-)
  • miclmiller
    miclmiller Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I love to eat too so I know how it is with the whole idea of diet. I like what your friend came up with instead lol! I'm new on here too so i'll friend you. Let us know how the cabbage thing works out!
  • perfectionsux
    Options
    you can do it... if you want to add me as a friend go ahead....MFP is amazing it has helped me with motivation and everything... so good luck!!!!!
  • feb06momma
    Options
    I have lots of weight to lose, too! Started at 332 (yowsa!) on Jan 1, and I am 9 pounds down today. We can do this! :-) Feel free to add me!
  • lollye51
    lollye51 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi , let me begin by saying, "Welcome"! You have made the right step in joining MFP. However, I would advise not to go on the cabbage soup, but instead use the calorie count and tracker on here. Its great and allows you to eat what you want and teaches portion control . Its your choice but I like my food too much to restrict it, whatever your choice good luck!
  • K8ty_7
    K8ty_7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome, feel free to add me for motivational support :)
  • Sheshe38
    Sheshe38 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sheila . I'm new on here as well. Looking for pals and support too. I want to lose 40lbs. and to get physically fit. So let's support each other.
  • 1sdestiny
    Options
    Awesome. I am with you on your post. I too want to lose 100 lbs. so give me a holler and we will work on it together. :smile:
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You sound like me! I do not have as much to lose but it is still a hefty amount. I would be happy to help you along the way. Jump while the iron is hot they say,so while the mood is there go for it. I started officially Jan.3rd..I had a BAM moment and have been cranking ever since. I love junk food and did love beer ,but that has seemed to go away over the last few weeks. The cabbage soup diet is one of my efforts also. Good luck with it,and if your friends go on diets but only lose 20lbs...you would be that much closer to your goal with all that support. Stay focused, don't beat yourself up if you slip, just start right back up! You can friend me if you would like... Prism6