be my fitness pal.. let's do this together!!

Options
Hi, just relocated to the South (I'm a midwestern corn fed girl). Between relocating, a recent surgery and the birth of my son, somehow I have managed to gain 26 lbs! now... you may say, yeah yeah... but I was already overweight and had just lost 25 lbs previous to the surgery. Back at square 1. I am turning 30 in 2 months and want to be healthy for myself and my 2 kids (9 months and 4years old) and hubby. My main goal isn't to reach a certain size or number, but rather I want a healthier lifestyle and to be in better shape. So, I am cooking healthier and working out (Zumba 3 days a week, Pilates 2 days a week). Join Me... let's motivate each other! Need to lose 40 lbs to be considered "healthy weight". Let's share recipes and secrets that keep is going. There's a 5K at the end of march (on my 30th bday... I would love to complete).

Replies

• Smansfield1
    Smansfield1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Phoenix, 31yrs old, Mommy to 4 1/2 year old twins and a 3 year old. You would think chasing them around all day I wouldn't need to be losing a ton of weight. For me to get down in a healthy range I need to lose 30-50lbs! Eek!!! I went back to college last year so this semester I am taking a lifetime fitness class, basically I have to spend 48+ hours in the gym or in specialty classes in order to pass. I am not looking to get into a specific size of clothes or down to a specific weight, I too am just looking to be healthy. My first time in the gym (last week) I set the treadmill to the 5k setting, I walked it, took me about 50 minutes but I am determined to be able to run it by my b-day in May. Good Luck with your 5k, my advice just get out there and start walking that distance, you'll be able to pick up the pace and then run in no time at all. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • slimsconie
    Options
    I'm in. Let's be friends with each other. Just hit that friends button and it's on !!!!!!!!!! Please contact me , I'll be there. WHO ELSE WANTS TO BE FRIENDS???? JUST HIT THAT BUTTON YALL:)
  • yummymummyto2
    Options
    hiya im new and would be happy to support as well as get support and tips :0)
  • 1sdestiny
    Options
    I recently discovered the dvd Zumba. How is it? Low impact, make a person pass out? :smile: